Fastest Way To Receive Usa Mail In Cebu Area?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I sent a simple letter to my fiance in Liloan over 2 weeks ago and stil she has not received it.

Does she actually go to the post office with a postal id and check for mail?  

I lived in Liloan for 3 years and never saw a mailman.  Credit card and utility bills were delivered by private contractors.  I did know one fellow who received mail from the US regularly and he said it usually took about 2 weeks, but he went to the post office so often they knew him by name and usually sent him a text when there was mail for him to pick up.  If anyone ever sent me mail I would never know it because I never set foot inside the post office there.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I would never set my official address as one in the Philippines for dealing with US government or financial institutions. First it may trigger some problems for you in their rules. Second you many never see postal mail from them or it will arrive much later than expected. Use a mail forwarding service which has addresses which are considered "street addresses".

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I would never set my official address as one in the Philippines for dealing with US government or financial institutions.

If you wanted SS dependent benefits for a spouse or child born (and living) out of country you wouldn't have a choice. 

Czechman
Posted
Posted

I have been here for around 5 months, and in December '14, I sent to "FBU.Manila@ssa.gov" some info regarding my Cebu address, but I also told them that I have a US mail forwarding address as well. Within a day, they (FBU.Manila@ssa.gov) sent me an email verification that they have received my info but, I still haven't heard anything back addressing my concerns of: 1) using my "Cebu address" for my official SS address, or 2) using my "US mail forwarding address" (in the US of course), for my official SS address. Currently, I have my official SS address set to my US mail forwarding address - until I hear differently from them soon. Hopefully, they get back to me that is...

I'd hate to experience that SS "dead or alive form/letter" based on this experience with their email service.

I would call them. I think they only answer the phone between 2 - 4pm M-F. That's the way it used to be. The number I have is 02 301-2000 and use the prompts. You may have to leave a v/m but they should call you back in the next day or so.

Hey thanks so much for your suggestion and I will call them between 2 and 4 pm!