A Living Will Or The Real Thing?

jon1
Posted
Posted

The Philippines does not have "Trusts", I have already researched this one extensively. I am doing a Trust in the US for my daughters and a Trust in the US for my wife. I do not need a will now for my PI assets since I am married now. I still do intend to get a Medical Living Will for me here. The doctors here will accept a "verbal Living will" from the family (just went thru this with my wife's cousin). I do not want my wife left dealing with the sucking chest wound of medical bills just because a machine can keep me "alive".

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I got one in the US for a couple hundred dollars.  I would never pay $3,000.  Here or in the US   But I have no idea what the normal charge is over here.  

There are law firms who advertise inexpensive wills.and incorporation. They use a template and fill-in the blanks. The work is actually done by a paralegal or office temp. It's a volume business taking 10 to 15 minutes of work. While incorporating a business for a Japanese friend, he wanted me to go cheap. The problem was the paperwork had half the name of the new corporation and another one.

My preference in this matter is to consult an attorney-at-law and the paperwork submitted using the law firm stationery. If there was a mistake in the documents, my heirs would know who to sue. (Half-Kidding). 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
My preference in this matter is to consult an attorney-at-law and the paperwork submitted using the law firm stationery. If there was a mistake in the documents, my heirs would know who to sue. (Half-Kidding)

Correct. Do the job right or don't do it at all. (No-kidding)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The Philippines does not have "Trusts", I have already researched this one extensively.

hmmmmmmmmm :unsure: i don't want to appear argumentative or Not Picking But..................................!

https://www.devbnkphl.com/services.php?cat=127

just for one,

Even a law on trusts???

http://www.thetrustguru.com/lawtrust.htm

:tiphat:

jon1
Posted
Posted

i stand corrected. I guess I reached the "too hard to figure out" mode in the Filipino Lawyer that I was using.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

i stand corrected. I guess I reached the "too hard to figure out" mode in the Filipino Lawyer that I was using.

:rolleyes: We should really, be asking for at least 50% Discounts, on Lawyer Fees, for the amount of  work we, do on their, investigations. As a side note, I use PNB for our Trust, they have been Great, for over 6+ years, Give them WHIRL!

They have Branches Worldwide, all in the link!

http://www.pnb.com.ph/

Best luck in all your endeavours. 

JP :tiphat:

ps, They also handled, all, my Will issues.

Edited by Jack Peterson