I Am Probably The Father Of A 1 Year Old Child

Americano
Posted
Posted

Since government officials are suspicious of fake documents, it may be a good idea to take your son with you so they can actually see that he is your son.  In the Philippines an eyewitness can be more important than a document.  Don't forget you already have one fake document which is your son's Birth Certificate.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

That is a good idea.

Like all former Spanish colonies any document is assumed to be a fake until proved otherwise.

• Like 2

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

I am still searching for a good family lawyer. The one I am in contact with makes it seem a very complicated and lengthy (and thus: costly) process, will contact some others and see if that's really the case..

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Also don't forget that some people consider documents to be almost useless or maybe fake unless you have the receipt which proves that you paid the correct office and amount for the document so be sure to keep all of your receipts.  And, if a receipt has vanishing ink, which is very common in the Philippines, have the receipt scanned and saved on a USB thumb drive so you can print another copy when necessary.

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I am still searching for a good family lawyer. The one I am in contact with makes it seem a very complicated and lengthy (and thus: costly) process, will contact some others and see if that's really the case..

i suggest that you contact this firm.. at leas you can get an idea of how to better approach this

,http://www.verifiedph.com/

also you can ask a question in this site and they may give you some idea of what to do.

( i just reviewed this site and didnt see any questions like yours raised yet )

http://mastercitizen.wordpress.com/

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Also don't forget that some people consider documents to be almost useless or maybe fake unless you have the receipt which proves that you paid the correct office and amount for the document so be sure to keep all of your receipts.  And, if a receipt has vanishing ink, which is very common in the Philippines, have the receipt scanned and saved on a USB thumb drive so you can print another copy when necessary.

Good advice on that vanishing ink that is so common here, yet, the ink that I buy in Canada is made in the PI.

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have spent some time in the past regarding my 2nd childs BC(COLB) and had save some of my notes/url links

hope this is helpful...

here is your answer if the COLB has 1 fathers name when another is the "TRUE"father

the question

I want to acknowldedge the paternity of my child but it happened that tha father’s name during the birth was the name of my brother when he accompanied the mother during the birth.

What is the first step to do before I can acknowledge the paternity to use the surname?

Do I need to correct the error of the father’s name first before filing the acknowledgement of the paternity to use the surname or can process both at a time?....

the answer..

: Changing the name of the father in the child’s birth certificate may require a court process

and acknowledging paternity where another father’s name appears on the certificate may not be readily received by the civil registrar.

http://legalcounseling.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/letting-illegitimate-child-use-fathers-surname-ra-9255/

• Like 3

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

My friend take it slow like everyone else said this is a highly emotional situation for you and you sound like a really stand up guy who wants to do the right thing and I applaud that but Like someone else said you weren't even a consideration in her life until the boyfriend decided to walk. If the child happens to be yours after formal and legit testing deal with things then. Just remember you can still support the child in different ways without marrying her if that is how you choose to handle it. Your on a slippery slope so be careful and best of luck to you

Agreed. But the little guy is my son, I want to be part of his life, support him and see him grow up. I have no illusions regarding custody, so keeping a good relationship with the mother is paramount, though I don't intend to marry her.

You're right that I wasn't a consideration in her life until her boyfriend left her, but I can't blame her, first long-term relationship and all that.

But it will be a lengthy process, going to court can't be avoided despite everyone playing along..

• Like 1

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

Totally understand and hope everything works out for the best for all involved. Good Luck

• Like 1