Ber Is Here! Any Expats Encounter The Dreaded.........

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Everyone, please remember that Christmas in the Philippines does not officially start until you hear Bing Crosby singing, "I am dreaming of a white Christmas."

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I love that song.

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

was given the green light to purchase this year's batch of Christmas lights..

i will give you the green light  -  to give me a x-mas present, too ...................  :hystery:

I'm sorry Ashanti but Joh1 doesn't pop out of the cake naked anymore.......he, he.

Respectfully -- bastos Jake  

Now why are you painting such an ugly mental pic? hahahaha 

however, first beer is on me  :cheersty:

Saw Christmas wrapping paper, lights, etc. being set up at the Duty Free Puregold yesterday. Somehow I resisted buying any decorations :D

Edited by jon1
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Saw Christmas wrapping paper, lights, etc. being set up at the Duty Free Puregold yesterday.

So ! just who, Invented this, phrase " The 12 days of Christmas ?  :unsure: Starting this early, gives me an Ante-climax for the actual Festivities.

All this Rush and Expense for what, 1 (One) Day?)

Even Our daughter (15) Thinks it's all Hyp. We tell her xmas is meant for Kids, HUH! I ain't a kid no more. usual Shrug of the Shoulders Follows, So if the kids are not Bothered anymore why are we? ( but then we is All Kids at heart :thumbsup: ) 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Saw Christmas wrapping paper, lights, etc. being set up at the Duty Free Puregold yesterday.

So ! just who, Invented this, phrase " The 12 days of Christmas ?  :unsure: Starting this early, gives me an Ante-climax for the actual Festivities.

All this Rush and Expense for what, 1 (One) Day?)

Even Our daughter (15) Thinks it's all Hyp. We tell her xmas is meant for Kids, HUH! I ain't a kid no more. usual Shrug of the Shoulders Follows, So if the kids are not Bothered anymore why are we? ( but then we is All Kids at heart :thumbsup: ) 

Hey Flyboy,

I have a family with two daughters - two sons who treats me like an ATM machine.  My wife Judy, bless her heart

is the biggest kid in the family.  I would like to think that I spoil her but I'm sure she would think otherwise.....he, he.

Anyway, I consider the commercialized Christmas is my annual bankruptcy and it usually takes a few months to

recover.  I'm glad I have a calculator that can work with negative numbers.  My checking account is often times,

on that side of zero.  

Last Christmas, Judy (bless her heart) surprised me with a complete renovation of my dog house.  And my kids

threw me an extra bag of doggie bones.  

Really.....I get no respect sometimes -- grouchy Jake during Christmas.  Perhaps Jack P and I can cry over our

beers bought by our last piso coin.....he, he. 

• Like 3

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

was given the green light to purchase this year's batch of Christmas lights..

i will give you the green light  -  to give me a x-mas present, too ...................  :hystery:

I'm sorry Ashanti but Joh1 doesn't pop out of the cake naked anymore.......he, he.

Respectfully -- bastos Jake  

What?????????????   :23_11_62[1]:

Oh, im so disappointed ………………………………. :o .  :boohoo:

(jon1, ill have a red wine please ……………..  :36_6_3[1]:  :dance: )

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Jake..I hear ya..." Anyway, I consider the commercialized Christmas is my annual bankruptcy and it usually takes a few months to recover.  I'm glad I have a calculator that can work with negative numbers.  My checking account is often times, on that side of zero.  

The calculation you need to use as you head toward Christmas is if O>I then U becomes D (in other words if your outgo exceeds your income then your upkeep becomes your downfall).

:cheersty:  happy shopping!!

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
So ! just who, Invented this, phrase " The 12 days of Christmas ?

I think it was the 12 weeks of christmas - and now they start the 12 weeks early!

...makes me want to go to Thailand until the silly season is over... Buddhists make so much more sense to me ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
Jack Peterson, on 05 Sept 2014 - 03:18 AM, said: So ! just who, Invented this, phrase " The 12 days of Christmas ?

The twelve days of Christmas are in fact the twelve days that start on Christmas Day and end on January 6th aka "Twelth Night" if you are English, aka "Epiphany", aka, if you are in the Philippines, "Three Kings".

This was, in mediaval Europe, long before Magellan set sail, the actual holiday period, and it was the longest holiday of the year.

"Advent" - the month before Christmas, was a time of fasting.

Two days before Christmas, on the winter solstice, all the village cattle would have been driven between two fires, to chase off the evil spirits.

The Yule Log would have been brought indoors, to burn in the hearth for all twelve days.

And there was one helluva party, ending on Twelth Night, and everyone went back to work on Plough Monday.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It is believed that Jesus Christ was actually born in April. Don't tell that to Filipinos or they might extend the Christmas season.

• Like 1