Insurance

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Thank you Dave. Based on the depth of what you advise to so many on many posts here, I respect your feedback and will move forward accordingly. You know, sometimes, it can be kind of scary relying on the effectiveness of your health so far from where you have had your comfort zone. I will scout at the hospitals and take that feedback with a grain of salt. Thanks again, sir.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did I say Dave..Sorry - my laziness in going back-and half asleep at the time..I meant you, Mike :morning1: ..I was just waking up lol-thanks again. Maybe my wife is slipping me decaf 

Edited by Hey Steve

RBM
Posted
Posted

Aussies Kiwis, have a look at 1 cover.

I pay around $600 NZ a year for basic cover, check web site for details.

Have claimed two times and their service was excellent, the follow up on your health is out standing.

Only small hiccup is they do not have an office here, must go though another company in Manila. Accordingly one must hand over the requested admittance fee if admitted to hospital. . Once 1 cover is advised they quickly swing into action.

Does however takes a couple of days for the Manila office to contact your hospital which really pi.....off 1 cover off. I would like but dare not repeat on a public Philippine forum the words 1 cover used when talking about Philippine efficiency .

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have sold insurance in a couple different provinces here in Canada so I do have a little bit of understanding regarding both coverage and costs (corporate profits) - and I can honestly say that insurance companies are thieves!  Unfortunately, they are the thieves that you can't live without!  

Unless you have access to a lot of $$$ and can self-insure, you are better off looking for a good low-cost policy (or better) with a reputable company than nothing at all.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

I genuinely dont know how some of the medical insurance companies survive over here, the in-laws both have pre-existing medical conditions, heart diabetes etc. And are dependents on her policy

Their attitude is basically that the 200,000 printed on the back of their card means its a waste if they don't spend it before the years end on doctors fees :hystery:   - I'm sure they aren't the only ones playing the system like that ? 

Edited by deevey
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

Here is some info regarding pre-existing conditions in my post 10 

HUMBOLDT, SASK.—Saskatchewan Blue Cross says it won’t reverse its decision to deny the claim of a family facing more than $900,000 in medical bills for an unexpected child birth in Hawaii.
Instead, the insurance company says Jennifer Huculak should seek help from the national independent insurance ombudsman.
Huculak says she was six months pregnant when she left for a vacation in Hawaii with the blessing of her doctor and health insurance from Blue Cross.
She says soon after arriving her water broke and her premature baby required a two-month stay in an American neo-natal intensive care unit. The baby girl, Reece, was born nine weeks early, via an emergency C-section. She weighed 4 lbs 7 oz.
Blue Cross has denied her claim, saying a bladder infection that caused some hemorrhaging at four months constituted a pre-existing condition.
Saskatchewan Blue Cross President Arnie Arnott says Huculak was given “nine specific events” that prevented her claim from being paid and referred the media back to Huculak for further explanation.
He says that the challenges facing Huculak’s family are “extraordinary and difficult,” and the ombudsman would provide a third-party review of the Blue Cross decision.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Here is some info regarding pre-existing conditions in my post 10 

HUMBOLDT, SASK.—Saskatchewan Blue Cross says it won’t reverse its decision to deny the claim of a family facing more than $900,000 in medical bills for an unexpected child birth in Hawaii.

Instead, the insurance company says Jennifer Huculak should seek help from the national independent insurance ombudsman.

Huculak says she was six months pregnant when she left for a vacation in Hawaii with the blessing of her doctor and health insurance from Blue Cross.

She says soon after arriving her water broke and her premature baby required a two-month stay in an American neo-natal intensive care unit. The baby girl, Reece, was born nine weeks early, via an emergency C-section. She weighed 4 lbs 7 oz.

Blue Cross has denied her claim, saying a bladder infection that caused some hemorrhaging at four months constituted a pre-existing condition.

Saskatchewan Blue Cross President Arnie Arnott says Huculak was given “nine specific events” that prevented her claim from being paid and referred the media back to Huculak for further explanation.

He says that the challenges facing Huculak’s family are “extraordinary and difficult,” and the ombudsman would provide a third-party review of the Blue Cross decision.

Sounds like any excuse to not pay.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Sounds like any excuse to not pay.

Usual Insurance Scam Material!  :rolleyes:

JP

• Like 1