Yuck .... Yuck ...... Yuck

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well a couple of weeks ago I posted the best place to eat steak in Bacolod City ..... now I have the distasteful task of listing the worst place to eat steak in Bacolod .... it is called Humos located in the Robinson's city walk ..... the only good thing about the meal was my french fries .... everything else sucked and at close to p900 it was a total disaster .... first off my US Angus beef was the toughest I have ever eaten .... I could not even cut it with a steak knife (and I eat steak medium rare) .... I like steak fat but mine was more than half fat and full of gristle .... my asawa couldn't eat her ribs as she said they were to dry and the individual size pizza (which was supposed to be ham and cheese) was in-fact lunch meat ham and Filipino style cheese whiz .... I could only manage to force down one small slice ....

I didn't even bother to post their menu but did take some pictures .... I guess in all fairness they are noted for lamb dishes but I'm kinda glad i didn't try that because I was trying to determine the difference between domestic and imported (I didn't know they raised sheep here .... probably more like goat) and the imported lamb dishes were kinda high  .... 

Just a side note the reason you can't see the steak is because they asked if i wanted some rosemary and garlic sprinkled on the top .... and I said yes ..... I assumed they would just be a sprinkling .... and yup .... sure made an arse out of me .... I had to scrape it off BOTH sides of the steak .... guess they were sleeping through that part of culinary school ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Any how if you decide to try it .... the best of luck to you ..... :mocking: :mocking:

post-11-0-99324800-1411538182_thumb.jpg       post-11-0-04586900-1411538220_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-36095800-1411538257_thumb.jpg       post-11-0-89069400-1411538300_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-38193400-1411538363_thumb.jpg       post-11-0-24755900-1411538422_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-45957200-1411538465_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Oh come on now. The decor is different, the serve of fries/chips(aussie) is large and not to mention you got a gourmet meal on top of the rubber steak.  Perfect   :no:

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
the individual size pizza (which was supposed to be ham and cheese) was in-fact lunch meat ham

I've noticed that most Filipino restos somehow think Spam (or a facsimile thereof) and ham are one in the same. :89:

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

My gf wonders why I only ask for chicken and never beef?

I say, you can mess up beef easily but hardly chicken!

Honestly though. What should I expect if the majority only know rice and simple recipes?

Should I really expect them to know what New York strip is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

That's one ugly piece of unidentifiable meat. Are you sure it is beef? It could be goat which is becoming increasingly popular in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

JJ. It could even be a passing stray dog and you might lick your fingers after eating it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Whatever it is it aint worth 900 peso. 

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Mike S...

Beat this!!!

We went to an English resort in Calatrava recently, not so hungry so I ordered chips and salsa.

The chips were from a P10 junk food bag, salsa tasteless........Asked for the owner, not around. Imagine an English guy selling junk food as chips...french fries.

To cap it off, we were the only ones there and they tried to sting us for a P60 table charge. This was not written anywhere....I balked and refused payment. Explained its not legal as not written. Lectured them about an English man knowing junk food compared to chips.....

But thanks for the tip as I am often in Robinsons Bacolod. Appreciate your input.

• Like 2

Julia
Posted
Posted

That's one ugly piece of unidentifiable meat. Are you sure it is beef? It could be goat which is becoming increasingly popular in the Philippines. 

or a carabao meat... :1 (103):

Gator
Posted
Posted

.... first off my US Angus beef was the toughest I have ever eaten .... I could not even cut it with a steak knife (and I eat steak medium rare) .... I like steak fat but mine was more than half fat and full of gristle ....

or a carabao meat... :1 (103):

It probably would have tasted better and been more tender if was carabao!

• Like 1