Rental Wanted.

brock
Posted
Posted

Anybody have any suggestions for me, My Wife will be having the baby around the first week in December, I am looking for somewhere to rent in Cebu City for maybe 3 or 4 weeks around that time, I was thinking of a hotel, But she is not too struck on that idea and would sooner have some place of her own,

Any ideas ?.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Come on Brock, you know the drill. What sort of price range are you comfortable with? 

Gator
Posted
Posted

Come on Brock, you know the drill. What sort of price range are you comfortable with? 

Not only that, but part of the city would be preferable - I presume you would want it as close as possible to the hospital/clinic you intend to use? Also, how big and if it's for just her ? (again I presume someone will be staying with, at least when it's closer to her due date).

newbster
Posted
Posted

I'm facing some similar issues.

She'll be having a baby in Cebu in February then staying through October to finish her university last semester. She'll be living with her mom and potentially one other Filipina roomate - her best friend. Size just needs to be big enough for 2 or 3 people. She lives as a bedspacer now - very tiny room with just her and her friend.

It should be either close to CTU or one straight-shot jeep ride to CTU. CTU is just east of Colon - map is here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cebu+Technological+University/@10.296569,123.906494,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x33a99960054d2c33:0xe8fed3f517ece715

As for price range - probably 6000p - 12000p / month would be good, a little more if her friend stays as well.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You don't need to be right next to the hospital, we are 2 hours away from Cebu City and had plenty of time to get to Chong Hua the day of delivery. Much more important is getting proper prenatal care with the best dr you can find. Finding a short-term full apt is tough, I have heard generally good things about Apartelle De Arcenas in Banilad.

brock
Posted
Posted

Well Tom, As I know you will be paying towards the cost of our baby :)    ,,,,, I,m not really bothered about the cost whatever it is.

It will be for 2 people, She is having the baby at the Maternity Hospital near Osmena Cirlcle.

Thanks Mike, Had a look at that Apartelle De Arcenas in Banilad., It looks just the job.

She will be getting good pre natal care as the Doctor is her Aunt.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well Tom, As I know you will be paying towards the cost of our baby :)    ,,,,, I,m not really bothered about the cost whatever it is.

It will be for 2 people, She is having the baby at the Maternity Hospital near Osmena Cirlcle.

Thanks Mike, Had a look at that Apartelle De Arcenas in Banilad., It looks just the job.

She will be getting good pre natal care as the Doctor is her Aunt.

Thanks.

Of course Brock I will pay my cost once the DNA test come back  :no:

I am hoping of a Cebu visit next year and looking at this place for a month, http://prestigiocebu.com/rates/ , remember I will basically be on tourist mode and I know some will say its a bit expensive. The one thing that came up not long back was hotels do not reply to Email, well this one did about 4 days later.  :thumbsup:  I have actually found a few condos that rent for a month so still looking and thinking.

OH, sorry Brock, I wont be there for the birth of our girl but I feel I did the biggest part so will just smoke cigars here on the day mate.  :999: For... Toms a jolly good fellow .....

• Like 5

brock
Posted
Posted

I will pay for the DNA to be done in Cebu, I,m sure I can fix something :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I will pay for the DNA to be done in Cebu, I,m sure I can fix something :)

My doc fixed something years ago so maybe its my chance to sue if your fixed DNA results prove that I'm a father.  :)  I guess if our baby girl is born with a big tummy and a hairy back then I guess I will have to pay up.  :lol:

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

Try looking at:

Airbnb.com

The good thing about them is they give you a wide selection of areas, prices and places.

The bad thing could be expensive but still, better than hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1