Onlyme?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I want to say that sometimes a business establishment is just not everyone's favorite hangout.  I found a breakfast place I liked in Angeles City last year.  They served a good breakfast at a good price.  The problem was that it had no filipinos there, listening to music, what it had were lots of foreigners, still drunk at 8 am, having a few more beers and wanting to be my new best friend as they drooled and spit into my food.

When these kinds of things happen you just have to leave that establishment to them that likes it.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Great example of cultural differences  . Out for a nice breakfast I want tunes nothing wrong with a little blasting music .

Oh here come the foreigners they will want to turn off our good time , never can understand their need for silence all the time .   :rolleyes:

Yes Rbm excellent place for food drinks and cheap rooms in the middle of no where is like a beacon of hospitality that serves great food cheap in a excellent atmosphere  . It is truly a oasis on a volcano.

Where else did you stay ?

Actually it's a small hassle in the big picture. Food there is excellent, prices extremely reasonable and rooms nice. Guess part of the reason is staff get bored, Normally this is the time I must be on line work wise and to concentrate is not easy.

We were returning from the beautiful Buenos Aires mountain resort, magnificent place with outstanding scenery all around. If anyone in the area be sure to check out the cute wonderful tiny coffee shop opposite plaza in La Carlota. We met the owner just after she opened about 8 months ago, great she is going from strength to strength. A very charming Filipina who is chasing her dream.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted

thisisnotburgerkingyoucanthaveityourway.

That is why "My Way" is the favorite song here.

• Like 2

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Echoing Bob, Cebu Rocks, and others who say that it's cultural differences at play. Here in the US, it's muzak (elevator music) or dear Lord, bagpipe rendition of thag evil "My Heart Will Go On" song. I do notice, though, that in Spanish or Spanish-colonized countries, smaller restaurants--usually mom and pop types--play the dreaded telenovelas. In Asian countries, it's those annoying variety or gag shows. The Philippines unfortunately has both.

Slightly OT, but my dad once had dinuguan dumped on him because the waiter was distracted by the telenovela Marimar shown on the tv near my dad's head. Carrie moment, Pinoy edition :)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When these kinds of things happen you just have to leave that establishment to them that likes it.

Picture 1 (One) shows a theme for those that got fed up waiting to be waited on. post-2148-0-41943900-1413105998.jpg

Picture 2 (Two) show a man who never knew how to Run a hotel, ( Check out Fawlty towers on UTube )  post-2148-0-90752200-1413106162_thumb.jp

Picture three speaks for it'self   post-2148-0-45205700-1413106232_thumb.jp

This My friends is Hospitality at it's best Total mayhem. World wide problem!  Answer, Eat at Home! or take sandwiches to the park (Dry days Only)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1