No Readers For New Plates

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Similar to the ACR  card and likely with the new ARP, there are no readers to access the database and there won't be until the LTO pays 3 billion to their IT provider that is in arrears.

http://www.manilatimes.net/vehicles-new-license-plates-prone-carnap/133876/

Alby
Posted
Posted

Why need a reader? Do you really think that some would attempt reading anything and on top comprehend? :)

The 1000 P was the objective ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Americano
Posted
Posted

What about the special mounting hardware that only LTO can install and remove which LTO announced last year?  I hope no one believed this BS.

jon1
Posted
Posted

Have you seen the new plates? Instead of the year sticker for annual expiration they have put a hard to see bar code on them. That tells me that they have to pull you over to check if you have an expired registration or not. = more opportunity for bribes.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Do they really enforce expired tag violations in other areas of the country? Around here they do not. I see tags all the time with 2011 and earlier stickers. The only vehicles I've ever seen stopped at "checkpoints" were either bikes or smoke-belching PUVs. The odds of getting ticketed for expired tags in a private car are pretty small.  

jon1
Posted
Posted

I agree Mike. However if there is a foreigner driving said vehicle, it presents an opportunity..

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

another example of philippine intelligence? poor or lack of planning . poor leadership skills or lack of.... development of a safe and secure system,, lacking,,

no need to say more, i /we cant change it but can be proactive not to be caught in the $$$ trap

Alby
Posted
Posted

Why not say, that was the main intention to begin with? :)

Do you think anybody cares about anything working? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Do they really enforce expired tag violations in other areas of the country? Around here they do not. I see tags all the time with 2011 and earlier stickers. The only vehicles I've ever seen stopped at "checkpoints" were either bikes or smoke-belching PUVs. The odds of getting ticketed for expired tags in a private car are pretty small.  

On our CR the past 3 years its written "Sticker Not Available"  ... this year is the first year we've actually received them when we registered last week ! 

Edited by deevey

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On our CR the past 3 years its written "Sticker Not Available"  ... this year is the first year we've actually received them when we registered last week ! 

There is something sticking on our CR and it is not a sticker.