British Expats

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When I left in 2006 I had to process papers so that my rental was paid gross by my letting agent. Without these forms they would have had to withhold 20%. Not sure how yours would work out being a private deal between you and your daughter.

there will be no rent she will just look after the house free of charge i think :whistling: :whistling:

Steve you can rent a room in your house up to about 4000 and it is tax exempt. Maybe you should check that outwith the taxman

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Kev ur right, you can rent a room for about 90 quid a week and pay no tax on it.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

When I left in 2006 I had to process papers so that my rental was paid gross by my letting agent. Without these forms they would have had to withhold 20%. Not sure how yours would work out being a private deal between you and your daughter.

there will be no rent she will just look after the house free of charge i think :whistling: :whistling:

Steve you can rent a room in your house up to about 4000 and it is tax exempt. Maybe you should check that outwith the taxman

It gets better and better, why am i so worried :rolleyes: