Resident Status By Virtue Of Republic Acts 7919 And 8247

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As for getting all the data on foreigners and expats collected? Me thinks it's being done!

Er, no! There is no centralised system nor computer network linking the various offices and airports together.

Just for giggles, go and commit a minor crime in Cebu, nothing too drastic but sufficient for BoI to impose a Hold Departure Order against your name. With that in place, take a plane south to Davao and board the Singapore Airlines' flight to Singapore - which you'll be able to do, no sweat. Ironically and dependi gtng on the day of the week, that flight might call for passengers at Cebu on its way to Singapore. That is exactly how a certain American was able to skip the country and avoid arrest for a criminal case (of assault on a female) and disappear with the proceeds of investment scam he'd been running.

You mean the computer network that is set up at all the international terminals and functioned to ensure it is a serviceable network and for which they are just starting to collect and verify the data for? In the not too distant future you won't be able to escape with your proceeds of crime nor will you be able to bribe officials to turn a blind eye to let you out.

Edit: of course, by "you", I don't mean you personally... Hehe!

:hystery: Not here it isn't!
You can say no all you want but the network was physically established several months ago. It was not implemented as a lot of the data available to them at that time was incorrect or incomplete. Thus this new collection of data that is taking place - to correct things before it is implemented into the system.

Yes Bob .... whatever! It's just the same story as when BoI replaced paper ACRs with a card. They told anyone who would listen that the chip on this card would hold biometric information about its holder as well as a full record of all his transactions with the Bureau - and trhat card's data could be accessed at any BoI office and (ISTR) by the NBI. Several years on from that announcement and the ONLY place in the country where there is the equipment to read the chip is ..... one desk at BoI Intramuros where the damm things are made in the first place! So forgive my natural cynicism that's borne out of living here for the last seven years. :hystery:

I used to work in IT and I like to keep up with what's happening so I subscribe to some information sources most people don't read. That's why I know the readers are in the system but not distributed... Keeps theft and system cloning down. Seems the Philippines are actually coming out of obscurity and becoming not only tech savvy but also security conscious. One reader was set up for training and demonstration purposes mainly. It seems security on that one isn't so hot since everybody knows just where it is.

Because I read a lot of reports the general public tend to not read, I tend to learn a lot about things that most people don't want to admit are happening in the Philippines. I find one of the best ways to find out how a country such as the Philippines is changing, follow the IT did of things... Networking... Hardware... Training... And government approvals... Sure, some of these things won't come to fruition but even just the mention will show what those in power have in mind.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
That's why I know the readers are in the system but not distributed.

Odd, that our Local BOI can't Agree with you. Bob! If they are not distributed  they are NOT in the System. Sorry mate but IT savvy or not, a fact is a fact, in the System is Usable. Dumaguete don't have a lot of things.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That's why I know the readers are in the system but not distributed.

Odd, that our Local BOI can't Agree with you. Bob! If they are not distributed they are NOT in the System. Sorry mate but IT savvy or not, a fact is a fact, in the System is Usable. Dumaguete don't have a lot of things.

Jack, think back to when you were a Nav... Your Navigational computers sometimes got an upgrade, correct? So, if the new computers were available but just not installed yet? They were in the system but not implemented, right? Same with the one above.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Western countries military's have property accountability and control. The way it works here is if equipment is not being used it will be sold.  Just ask the Tacloban residents what happened to all of the equipment and supplies that were donated to them from other countries after the Typhoon.

BI has a website with some information on it but if you want to get any new information or ask a question on-line you need to go to their Facebook account which BI in Manila makes some posts on. In other words BI uses the Internet very little. They don't use email and they didn't even know about foreigner forums when I asked them a few years ago. They sure don't have a National Network that they use.  At best Regional is all BI offices can do.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, think back to when you were a Nav...

:) Bob my friend, I am not going to split hairs on this and push it back and forth but as you bring up Flt Nav this is where i am adamant about  "In the System."

Scenario;

On doing my Pre-Flight plan, My Operational base tells me that my Destination has on line Wire Fog/ Bad Weather Landing Systems.

Now, I am making my Final Approach at 8.000 ft Lights up and L/Gear down. Suddenly,  a really Bad Fog come in at zero notice.

I switch to radar wire assistance as my 600 ton Craft + cargo ( Human, + is getting a little edgy) Wow! Oooops now my onboard tells me Wire assistance not installed. WTF  so my friend, here we have the situation, OK the hardware has been reported as in the System but  has not been reported it is  Not  yet Operational, the Hardware has been delivered to the Operational Headquarters, But.............................how is that in the System?  :no:

Sorry Bob, maybe we look at things differently but in this Instance, to me in the System is up and Working.  

I have life and costly cargo to get down safely, I do not need situations like this.

BOI's answers is, we have this and we have that but we are not yet in the System.

Jack :tiphat:  :morning1:

Morning All.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Jack, think back to when you were a Nav...

:) Bob my friend, I am not going to split hairs on this and push it back and forth but as you bring up Flt Nav this is where i am adamant about  "In the System."

Scenario;

On doing my Pre-Flight plan, My Operational base tells me that my Destination has on line Wire Fog/ Bad Weather Landing Systems.

Now, I am making my Final Approach at 8.000 ft Lights up and L/Gear down. Suddenly,  a really Bad Fog come in at zero notice.

I switch to radar wire assistance as my 600 ton Craft + cargo ( Human, + is getting a little edgy) Wow! Oooops now my onboard tells me Wire assistance not installed. WTF  so my friend, here we have the situation, OK the hardware has been reported as in the System but  has not been reported it is  Not  yet Operational, the Hardware has been delivered to the Operational Headquarters, But.............................how is that in the System?  :no:

Sorry Bob, maybe we look at things differently but in this Instance, to me in the System is up and Working.  

I have life and costly cargo to get down safely, I do not need situations like this.

BOI's answers is, we have this and we have that but we are not yet in the System.

Jack :tiphat:  :morning1:

Morning All.

Now, Jack, you bring up the point that us Avionics guys had with most aircrew... For example, one of my TacNav computers was always down because the Navs got bored not being able to see out the window and would kick the crap out of the comp for fun... The Navs would then write the computer up as being faulty, we Avionics types couldn't get the system to boot (maybe the 6 inch dents in the case had something to do with that?) and would have to get a new computer to replace the old one. If we put another TacNav computer in and signed off the paperwork that said the original computer was "Not in the System", we would be arrested and sent to prison for stealing that missing computer. Actually, the original computer would be signed off as Unserviceable (Not Operational) as it is broken, not missing. Same goes for your Radar Wire Assistance - it's in the system. You were informed about it being there, it's just not Operational.

Now, I know what you were trying to say about BI's new toy. But you were looking at it from an operators aspect... "I don't have one so it can't be in the system." It actually is in the system - it's just not operational yet.

As a side note, I was a very happy camper the day I left Avionics and moved into the world of Network Engineer /Sys Admin... No more AirCrew thinking they were in the World Cup - until one of the Sqn COs drop kicked his desktop out the window... Seems he dropped his mouse and it stopped working...! :D

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Same goes for your Radar Wire Assistance - it's in the system. You were informed about it being there, it's just not Operational.

Absolutely no good to me at 8.000 ft and closing for a come down, at 220 knots It is either in the System and working or it just is not an available System and Should never have been signed of as such, that just makes Ground Crews figures look Good. :unsure:  End off for me. :rolleyes:

Sorry Bob we are going to have to agree to disagree

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Same goes for your Radar Wire Assistance - it's in the system. You were informed about it being there, it's just not Operational.

Absolutely no good to me at 8.000 ft and closing for a come down, at 220 knots It is either in the System and working or it just is not an available System and Should never have been signed of as such, that just makes Ground Crews figures look Good. :unsure:  End off for me. :rolleyes:

Sorry Bob we are going to have to agree to disagree

JP :tiphat:

Now, Jack, we both know that 90% of all snags written up were simply operator error... :D

Systems are hardware. The hardware is there. It is not working. It is a malfunctioning system. But it is still comprised of hardware in a system. Think of it this way... You go to an ATM, put in your bank card, enter a withdrawal of P25,000 and the machine processes the transaction as complete. The only problem is you didn't get your money. Are you going to run inside and tell the bank that you didn't get your money because their ATM is not in the system? Remember - everything else worked including your account being deducted that P25,000. That would be a big OUCH, don't you think?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
Now, Jack, we both know that 90% of all snags written up were simply operator error.

Bob after I say 27 years of the same argument of the Instrument technician and Avionics thinking they are always right, I will say, You are not up there with the Sh....t, Now you have coffee and i will have a beer.

To you it may be just hardware, to me it is Life. Mine and others, as the Flight Commander, I make the Judgement call based on Fact Not the whims of people who only know how it may Work. If it is not operating we got problems Houston. 

Now Bob, I have said my piece.

Edited by Jack Peterson

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Now, Jack, we both know that 90% of all snags written up were simply operator error.

Bob after I say 27 years of the same argument of the Instrument technician and Avionics thinking they are always right, I will say, You are not up there with the Sh....t, Now you have coffee and i will have a beer.

I'm not trying to start a battle with you here but your terminology is wrong. Period. You jumped in saying i was wrong in something i have worked in longer than you flew. As for being on the ground while you had to face the sh..t up top? Don't know what aircraft you flew in but i got more than my share of flight pay. Sometimes looking over the shoulder of a helo pilot who couldn't do a 40 foot hover in 20 foot plus seas. Or with the fighter jock who had no shaker or kicker flying at 10 feet off the ground because he thought the paddle was for tapping in time to the music in his head... Or the... Nah, i never saw the sh.,t you did. Think I'll have my beer now.