Diabetes

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Thanks chris49 and RBM for the reply. As for the costs of insulin, I have a high intolerance to insulin therefore I have to take high dosages of Lantus Solostar(85units- 24 hourBolus) and Apidra Solostar(45 units before each meal. I use 3-4 boxes per month that I get from the local pharmacy. And with test strips you cab see why I spend $250. Tell Gina thanks for the idea, but I'm on Balikbayan status so I don't think I could get any assistance. I think the bitter melon is ampalaya.

RBM, thanks for the mention of Doc Albert. I'll have to check him out. That seems the direction I'm headed. 

Thanks Guys!

chris49
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, roddavis said:

Thanks chris49 and RBM for the reply. As for the costs of insulin, I have a high intolerance to insulin therefore I have to take high dosages of Lantus Solostar(85units- 24 hourBolus) and Apidra Solostar(45 units before each meal. I use 3-4 boxes per month that I get from the local pharmacy. And with test strips you cab see why I spend $250. Tell Gina thanks for the idea, but I'm on Balikbayan status so I don't think I could get any assistance. I think the bitter melon is ampalaya.

RBM, thanks for the mention of Doc Albert. I'll have to check him out. That seems the direction I'm headed. 

Thanks Guys!

Correct Rod. The government program only covers the standard insulins, NPH, Lente and Regular.

Type 2, Adult Onset Diabetes has no cure as you would know. The best you could do is have an extremely good knowledge of the subject.

If on Medicare or Obama Care, I think you would be better off. But those trips to the states would wipe out any benefit from that.

Based on your history, I think you might end up back in the USA later. Have you considered that? There is a lot more that you might need eg visual problems and cataracts are almost sure to occur. If it's me, and clearly I prefer living in the Philippines, I hold on as long as possible. I would go to Australia/USA later if the situation dictated. I am a dual citizen, but my primary health care would be in Australia.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Your Calabash fruit sounds like what I have heard called Guyabano, spiky- heart shaped fruit? Cherentea probably bad spelling but the leaves supposedly make a tea when boiled that helps control sugar, I found out about them from the Pop65z youtube channel. I don't have diabetes but I have had Filipino doctors tell me I did, I don't really trust them.

Nephi
Posted
Posted

{ Moderator, please feel free to delete this post if necessary as there is a forum link}

Several years ago my mother had type 2 diabetes and needed information. At that time there was not much online help or ideas. I suggest a site to a friend not long ago but do not know if it has done him any good so far. That site is Diabetes Forum and can be found Here..

• Like 1