Top 5 Authentic Philippines Food To Try

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Guy try this...

Banana flower, made from the heart of the banana, with coconut milk and onions, ginger garlic. I eat it with rice, often available small stores.

Love it!!,

RBM, If you like this maybe you can check around where they make Bibinka. It's my favorite desert and it was sold at a Goldilocks in CDO. Yum

BigMook
Posted
Posted

A Filipina that works at the hotel I was staying at in Calgary said while in Cebu to try Lechon something.  Said it was boneless pork rump roast rolled in spices.  Anyone know what she was talking about.

not sure about anywhere but Cebu but Lechon Baboy is available EVERYWHERE

you cant drive more than 1km with seeing 3 Lechon Baboy restaurants, bakeshops or pharmacies

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A Filipina that works at the hotel I was staying at in Calgary said while in Cebu to try Lechon something.  Said it was boneless pork rump roast rolled in spices.  Anyone know what she was talking about.

not sure about anywhere but Cebu but Lechon Baboy is available EVERYWHERE

you cant drive more than 1km with seeing 3 Lechon Baboy restaurants, bakeshops or pharmacies

While in Cebu, I had both Lechon Baboy and Boneless Lechon.  Both very good but I preferred the Boneless!

Now that I'm in Davao - another place where people are crazy for Lechon - I naturally had to try the local Boneless Lechon...  And I found one here that is so amazing, I bought a whole one for myself!  What the heck - it was only 4 kg!

:mocking:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Now that I'm in Davao - another place where people are crazy for Lechon

Seems like a national Delicacy 

JP :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Now that I'm in Davao - another place where people are crazy for Lechon

Seems like a national Delicacy 

JP :tiphat:

Yes, it is.  And nowhere near as good as the Hawaiian pork they serve at luaus.  They bury it in the sand & coals... so good... very little fat too!. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am still in to the Irish Mixed grill or as separate items.

1. Boiled potatoes.

2. mashed potatoes.

3. saute potatoes.

4. jacket potatoes.

5. CHIPS.

:hystery:

JP :tiphat:  :)  

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Masarap balut, i tried it once just to say i had, not sure i would try it again. I have a fondness for chicken adobo

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I just searched all 4 pages for 'ribs' and no one has mentioned them?  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  there are quite a few places here that make great bbq pork ribs.  In fact I have not yet met a rib I did not like.  If they're on the menu then they are probably good.

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I ate some small sliced lechon today that was soaking in lime, onion, and green peppers....mas sarap.  I asked the name of the food, and the owner responded..I couldn't hear him, and was happy enough with his company that I didn't ask him to repeat.  It was his gift to me....so we drank a little more, discussed meaningless stuff, and reflected.  It was a nice time  :)  

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Masarap balut, i tried it once just to say i had, not sure i would try it again. I have a fondness for chicken adobo

Highly nutritious. I hated it initially, but I found getting rid of the water inside the shell also gets rid of the smell. 2 balut late afternoon, yes it's rapsa rapsa, masarap sobra.

Sinagang na baboy...national stand by, all regions. The sabao, the contents. 

Chicken tinola....naimas (Ilocano), had it with green and yellow papaya...wow...

Aroz caldo, native chicken...other names, lugaw or congee.

Miki, Miki, here up north....breakfast or mid morning. We have it mid way on bike rides.

Pancit canton...

Inihaw na bangus...chili, ginger, onion, garlic...

Liempo...crunchy outside, lightly cooked towards the middle....

• Like 2