Metro Manila High Crime (Zones)Areas Dec2014

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

for those who may visit NCR/metro manila. here is a article on what areas are "unsafe" according to the pnp,

THE AREAS  listed are mostly near the Major shopping centers or Bus stations

he Philippine National Police (PNP) will be closely watching 14 commercial districts in Metro Manila which are considered high-crime areas this coming Holidays, Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas said. 

Roxas said that these high-traffic and high-crime areas

include malls and shopping centers in Marikina,

Pasig,

Mandaluyong,-megamall and galleria

San Juan,---Greenhills

Moriones,

Ermita,--this is near the us embassy area. Robinsons

Pasay, Makati,

Muntinlupa, --this is near Festival mall and Alabang town center

Taguig, Masambong,

Cubao,

Kamuning and Eastwood.

He said he has coordinated with the PNP officer in charge, Chief Superintendent Leonardo Espina, to ensure that high crime areas of convergence, especially malls in Metro Manila, will be under the close watch of authorities.

"We saturate these areas with police personnel because criminals cluster around commercial areas," Roxas said. 

Earlier, Roxas confirmed a downward trend in criminality in National Capital Region mainly due to the deliberate, programmatic and sustained approach that the PNP has taken under Oplan Lambat-Sibat.

He also said that part of the operation plan was "Pasadya," where police interventions were designed based on the particular features of the environment. 

Force multipliers such as volunteer radio groups and barangay peacekeeping action teams were also deployed with uniformed police personnel to help provide additional security in convergence areas.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2014/12/16/1403338/pnp-closely-monitor-14-high-crime-areas-metro-manila

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hmm...

I have been to more than half of those areas of Manila NCR in the last 6 months. Mostly while making trips and conducting business to get my wife's visa.

We now have her visa so I am very happy there is no longer any need to travel to the NCR except for the airport.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

worrying reading as we prepare for our vacation

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

​High crime in commercial areas during Cristmas, perhaps the reason is that is where the good stuff is, toys and $$$.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

worrying reading as we prepare for our vacation

Dont be...

It's no different to any other City, same rules apply.

Dont go to places your not familiar with after dark

Dont go round flashing wealth on your arms or hands

Dont keep looking over your shoulder

Be bold be brazen and walk with a confident stride

And carry a gun.....only joking :mocking:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Is it okay to carry a bow and arrow in the Pines?  It would be a deterrent to being robbed especially if you handed an apple to them first. :bash:  

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

The police is probably referring to crimes of opportunity like bag snatching and pickpocketing. It would probably be okay to visit these commercial areas if you take the normal precautions. Criminals prefer to target easy prey. Even the manner of how you carry your purchases sends them signals.

If your plastic bags have well known logos like Louis Vuitton or Chanel, that's like issuing an invitation. I would place them into a larger unassuming canvas bag with strong handles. Of course, this defeats the purpose of showing off to other shoppers that you or your wife can afford stuff sold in expensive stores. At least you get to bring home your purchases.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

If your plastic bags have well known logos like Louis Vuitton or Chanel, that's like issuing an invitation.

Come on, snatchers need a Christmas to! Fill a fancy bag with coal. Wait, they can actually use that there in Philippines. Fill it with small nicely wrapped bags of dog poo or rotten Durian!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Come on, snatchers need a Christmas to! Fill a fancy bag with coal. Wait, they can actually use that there in Philippines. Fill it with small nicely wrapped bags of dog poo or rotten Durian!

Good idea except snatcher have excellent smell. You will walk around for days carrying bags of dog poo or rotten Durian.

Reminds me of someone I met who wanted his expensive camera equipment stolen so he could file an insurance claim. He parked his car in a high crime area of Los Angeles with the camera bag on the front passenger seat. The window was kept rolled down to make it easier and prevent shattered glass damage. No takers for three days. A policeman telephoned after tracing the number through his license plate. Asked him to remove his camera bag before someone steals it.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good idea except snatcher have excellent smell. You will walk around for days carrying bags of dog poo or rotten Durian.

Reminds me of someone I met who wanted his expensive camera equipment stolen so he could file an insurance claim. He parked his car in a high crime area of Los Angeles with the camera bag on the front passenger seat. The window was kept rolled down to make it easier and prevent shattered glass damage. No takers for three days. A policeman telephoned after tracing the number through his license plate. Asked him to remove his camera bag before someone steals it.

In Australia his claim would not work because the car was not locked. Actually its an offence to leave any vehicle unattended unlocked here.