Refugee Status

Mike_56
Posted
Posted

The country is a party to the refugee convention. Are there cases known of people applying for asylum there? There should be a refugee processing unit under the department of justice, however there's no information about it on immigration departments's site nor on justice dept-t site. Does anyone know what the process is like? Can it result in indefinite imprisonment until a person pays a bribe?  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If your thinking about doing something illegal then best not to ask here as i will delete the topic 

:merrychristmas:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Have him go to  States,  Our refugees are being given drivers licenses so the can identofy them to receive free medical and food and housing, and in two short years register to vote 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/18376-foreign-assistance-center/

this center may offer some info ,if your already here

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just pay the extensions if you are here, no one knows you are in the PI (unless you tell them) certainly Not the BOI  :no:  from all the extra information they are asking for. Most of us feel like refugees anyway! 

JP :santa laugh:

Morning All.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
The country is a party to the refugee convention.

My friend, this Country is signed up to many things.  One being the Human Rights Act/Agreement but I doubt we will ever hear many good stories about it's use. I would believe that any Refugee Status would come under this Banner so I would not hold my breath too long.

JMHO But...........

JPheadache.gif

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Just pay the extensions if you are here, no one knows you are in the PI (unless you tell them) certainly Not the BOI  :no:  from all the extra information they are asking for. Most of us feel like refugees anyway! 

Yes, so no need to bother about the topic question   :)

Sure there are more, but I know of two cases:

/(According to his abandonded Filipina wife).  An American is (high) wanted by USA, but he just pay the Filipin police some and they don't bother him, although they know where he is.  (I don't know where, but somewhere in Luzon island, I believe Manila.)

/One in USA wanted pedofile took photos in Phils, which proved NEW similar crimes, put them in some COMMON PUBLIC Internet place (Facebook ?) and MOCKED the USA state  there, "Haha. You can't catch me" INCLUDING telling where he was in Phils.  So he DID got caught - by his own stupidity   :mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am not sure what the intent of the opening post is, although mentioning bribes is a red flag.  What I want to say is that googling Philippines Refugee Policy yields a lot of info. One of the interesting things I noticed was:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Refugee_Processing_Center

Opened in 1980, PRPC was located to the south of Subic Bay and north of the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant. The camp prepared Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Laotian refugees, including ethnic minorities (such as Chinese) from those three nations, for immigration to a variety of resettlement nations such as Canada, Norway, Australia, France, and primarily the United States.