I Think My Fiancée Is About To Undergo An Emergency Appendectomy - Advice Needed!

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

We are in Canlaon City, Negros. K started to get a stomach ache at about 4pm when we were at her sister's farm house but she made light of it. She was able to walk back to town at about 10.30 but because she was poorly her mother stayed with us. I went to sleep and was woken at 2 am with the news that she was going to the hospital with her mother and sister.

There are two hospitals here - public and private.

I think she is in Philhealth.

How much am I likely to have to pay?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I hope she gets better as for the cost I have no idea as they make it up as they go along here.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I have no idea the cost, hope K will make a quick recovery.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
There are two hospitals here - public and private.

After consultation, if necessary and if possible, you may want to go to Bacolod or Dumagette assuming that a larger city might have a better hospital. We hope for the best outcome. Keep us posted.

You are lucky that it never happened at the crest of Canalaon volcano on the 29th.

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

It really depends upon the care given. I overnighted at Medical City Ortigas (Manila) for food poisoning. I had every test possible ran, IV, meds and stayed in a ward. It cost me about 25,000p.

The deposit to be admitted will definitely be lower than if you are present when they admit her. My wife had emergency surgery (ovarian cyst) at the same hospital, 5 day stay and it cost me about 200,000p. Philhealth will get you maybe 10% discount (depends on how long she has had Philhealth).

Hope K recovers quickly.

Edited by jon1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think she is in Philhealth. How much am I likely to have to pay?

Meth, easy to say I know, but "Never mind the quality feel the Width ie, your GF's Health is more important than the money, As Suggested, if you are too worried and you can move move her, go to a bigger Hospital but Azon and I will be thinking of her at this time.

Costs I know not and as mentioned each and every case will be so very different.

Chin Up my friend.

JP :tiphat:

Morning All 

Edited by Jack Peterson

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

I'm very sorry to hear that. My very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Terry

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Mr meth's, while my Ladies are doing the church thing, I sat and did some Research and came up with this, It may be helpful for all as it gives details of a lot of hospital Stuff.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Cost_of_appendicitis_surgery_in_Philippines

Hope things are OK and you are not getting too stressed out  :no:  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

try this.. its from philhealth,,,,

https://crs.philhealth.gov.ph/

1.make sure she is paid UP TO DATE on her premiums. if she is not . don't walk but ....RUN.... to somewhere you can pay

as you can NOW for this month (quarter)

2. make sure you have both her MDR and current receipts  (proof or payment)

3 get a 2nd opinion who knows it may be something else.

excuse the paste, it didnt post right, at least you have a way to get a estimate of the cost

HCI Fee - Health Care Institution Fee;

Prof Fee - Professional/Health Care Professional Fee; Case Rate - Case Rate Total Amount;

ASC - Ambulatory Surgical Clinic; PCF - Primary Care Facility - Infirmary/Dispensary; MCP - Maternity Care Package Provider; FSDC - Free-Standing Dialysis Clinic Case Rate Group ICD 10 / RVS Code Description First Case Rate Second Case Rate Applicable Health Care Institutions HCI Fee Prof Fee Case Rate HCI Fee Prof Fee Case Rate Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 ASC PCF MCP FSDC                                        

APPENDECTOMY 44950 APPENDECTOMY 14,400.00 9,600.00 24,000.00 Not Applicable  

APPENDECTOMY FOR RUPTURED APPENDIX W/ ABSCESS OR GENERALIZED PERITONITIS 44960 APPENDECTOMY FOR RUPTURED APPENDIX W/ ABSCESS OR GENERALIZED PERITONITIS 14,400.00 9,600.00 24,000.00 Not Applicable         

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

When my son had similar problems in Canada, the doctor told me they don't wait when it is an appendix.  As of 9 years ago the procedure was to operate and do it fast.  The downside is that they may end up removing a healthy appendix but they never go in and then close up leaving the appendix in.  The reason is that in the future there may be an appendix issue but if the doctor sees an appendectomy scar they would never consider the possibility that the appendix may still be there.  The reason they do it fast is the danger of death caused by infection if the appendix breaks.

So if in doubt, do it now.  It can't be that expensive as its a fast and common surgery.

• Like 5