Has Anyone Over 70, Had Their Pi Drivers License Renewal Declined?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Pretty much as the Title asks, Although mainly for Brits I tend to think or  EU/ And other Countries where the license expires at 70

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

No one else got to your age Jack so a hard question to get an answer for.  :mocking:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are a lot of guys over 70 still driving, here in Duma.  I can't imagine that they all do not have licenses.  Would be interesting to ask one of them if it is difficult to renew, stiffer medical test?  Or perhaps they get less than the 3 years after age 70?  Or perhaps there is no change.

Good question Jack.  I am also interested.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

If I live to see 70, I guess I will know then. I don't think it's an insurmountable problem as I cruise the streets of Dumaguete and see an elderly man driving down the street in a mobility scooter which must be like a dream to park! :thumbsup:  Then I roll past the 4 wheeler off road ATV with a motorcycle plate :unsure: ??? Of course I am doing this in my vehicle which was a commercial vehicle and has no plates because I had to surrender them to the LTFRB. I have all legal paperwork but no plates yet.....but nobody has questioned the lack of plates yet and it has been almost two weeks! :hystery:  I think there is no obstacle that cannot be overcome here when it comes to driving.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I suppouse no AUTOMATIC problem because of AGE

but can be by MEDICAL reasons.

((In Sweden they took my grandfather's (father's side) cousin's of medical reasons. Then he was 87.

I don't believe they took my grandfather's (mother's side) but he stoped driving VOLONTARINGLY, when he got in bad shape suddenly after he got hit by a car, when he walked. Then he was 85. Before that he drove as a race driver. He said: "My car can't go under 90 km/h "  :lol:

My father drive still sometimes, but not at nights. (Bad vision in the dark.) He is 82.))

RBM
Posted
Posted

Pretty much as the Title asks, Although mainly for Brits I tend to think or  EU/ And other Countries where the license expires at 70

For sure in smaller cities and I suspect over all no problem.

I renewed mine a couple of weeks ago in less than 30 minutes start to finish. No medical, guys just filled in papers and went back to their cards.

one tip, if you advise any change of address it costs, takes longer.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm not going to drive anywhere anytime here in the PI. I'll take a taxi and let them fight for space along the route. 

If the drivers in the Philippines drove in many US cities like they do in the Philippines they would encounter "Road Rage", which would include profanity, finger salutes and maybe even gunshots.

Motorcycle riders and pedestrians would slowly dwindle. 

Many vehicles would not even be allowed on the road. 

Philippine applicants would find it difficult to pass a simple Drive Test. 

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Philippine applicants would find it difficult to pass a simple Drive Test.

One would think so, but there is no shortage of Filipinos who drive in North America.  Once they know that traffic rules are enforced, they generally stick to them.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

MacBubba, Here is what I said. "Philippine applicants would find it difficult to pass a simple Drive Test."

I lived in California and I know many Fil-Ams drive very well.  

I'm just referring to the ones here in the Philippines. Someone said that one Filipino failed to pass his driving test 3 times before he finally passed it. 

In the states, they are not allowed to make a 2 lane street into a 4 lane street. Not allowed to drive  on the sidewalk. Not allowed to cut someone off. Here, they drive in space available to advance through traffic. 

Which is why I take a taxi here instead of buying a car.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In the states, they are not allowed to make a 2 lane street into a 4 lane street. Not allowed to drive  on the sidewalk. Not allowed to cut someone off. Here, they drive in space available to advance through traffic. 

:hystery: You mean they do ALL those things here? :unsure:

:attention: Surely you are Pulling our legs? Hmmmmmmmmm aren't you?   :mocking:

JP :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1