Proof Of Shots When Entering Philippines Customs?

John Michael Kane
Posted
Posted

I'm planning on getting some shots here in the US before traveling to PH. Do they generally require that you have proof that you've received them? Such as a doctor's note of services performed? 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Never been asked and as far as I know, no such requirement   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

They are a bit more laid back here John. What will most likely happen is that if you get rolled into the emergency room shivering from some brand of tropical fever. One Doctor might should at his buddy..........."Hey Juan,,another dumb American who didn't get his shots!!!" And then proceed to charge you double. :hystery: .

Just having some fun,,,,never have been asked for any type of medical records what so ever.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Six of one half a dozen of another .... some people get them some don't but you won't be asked if you have them .... I've been here 7+ years and have never had a problem yet .... last shots I had was when I was in the service .... 40 years ago .... maybe I'm just lucky .... :rolleyes:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I got my shots updated before I came over the first time. They gave me some shot card from the CDC which I keep with my passport.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

I recommend getting the Hep AB, tetanus, and TB shots.

Will add to that this link

Health Information for Travelers to Philippines - Traveler view | Travelers' Health | CDC

It depends where your staying, but hope this help's

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I recommend getting the Hep AB, tetanus, and TB shots.

I also recommend the rabies series if you can afford it

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I've never been asked nor have I heard of anyone coming in required to show this proof, but definately get with the health Dep and get a series of the Hep shots (about $60 when I had it.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

They are a bit more laid back here John. What will most likely happen is that if you get rolled into the emergency room shivering from some brand of tropical fever. One Doctor might should at his buddy..........."Hey Juan,,another dumb American who didn't get his shots!!!" And then proceed to charge you double.  .

I got stopped during my last exit from the Philippines. I was running a fever and they have equipment provided by WHO to detect passengers with fever ever since the SAR scare. United Airlines refused to give me a boarding pass. The requirement was to see a medical doctor at the Bureau of Quarantine. I received a free, let me repeat the word free, check-up and the doctor gave the airline agent a document that it was okay for me to board the aircraft. I asked the United Airlines agent for a copy just in case I get stopped entering Guam. That turned out to be complicated because there are few copy machines at the international airport.

The long flight, a good sleep, and the Tylenol probably reduced my fever to a point that similar equipment in Guam did not alert local authorities.

• Like 2