Globe Cell Cost Tracking

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Is there anyway you can check the cost of each text you send on Globe .... tried finding something on the web but didn't find anything .... still looking but thought someone here might know .... :tiphat:

:cheersty:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Check your balance after you send a text?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I would be very interested to know the cost of using a "pocket wifi" on Globe.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I believe it depends on if you have a plan or if you are pay as you go. Pay as you go for the promos is 50php for 24 hours but you may be throttled if you go over about 600 MB, 200php gives 5 days of use 600 MB still applies. You can pay 5php for 15 minutes so if you know when you are going to need it and don't need it that long, there could be savings. Last time I looked the fee for pay in advance for a month was 1,499php but there may be a promo right now for 1,399php. I suspect that the usage limit applies but I can't swear to it. I hope this helps. :tiphat:

I personally put 1,000php regular load on my phone tablet and just use the promos or the regular rate of 5php for 15 minutes. I get 170 free texts when I load 1,000 php.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

I had the Globe 3G Tattoo, paid about p1,500 for the unit and then p1,000 for 30 days unli internet. As a side note the service, for the most part, was horrible. I switched over to a Huawei LTE/4G device on the Smart network and it's fantastic, p995 for 30 days unli. I've had a strong 4G signal in about every part of Cebu city that I frequent; namely Ayala, SM in Mandaue, Fuentes Circle, IT Park and Country Mall as well as in and around the Capital area (where I live).

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I guess I should have explained why .... seems I started loosing airtime with my prepaid Globe .... no phone calls just texts .... I have restricted all my apps from sending (or at least they have to ask permission) sms or mms so I'm not sure just what is happening .... J gave me a p30 load yesterday and this morning it is gone .... the Martians stole it last night I guess .... and it happened 2 days ago also .... as you can see I don't use my phone much p30 will normally last me a week .... 

Any ideas ....

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

There a time limit on the load? On many of the smaller loads there is.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I believe there is a 15 day limit on the load usage ..... but I never had this problem before and I have been using Globe since I got to the Philippines ..... it is quite possible it is something on my phone that has stuffed up as it has just happened with-in the past week ..... before that no problem .... but with out a way to find out when the peso's are being deducted or minutes charged it is gonna be hell trying to find out where they are going ....

• 4 weeks later...
messie
Posted
Posted

I believe the cost per text now is Php1.00 unless you are subscribed to an unlimited text service.

Mike to check your balance just send "BAL" to 222.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I believe the cost per text now is Php1.00 unless you are subscribed to an unlimited text service.

Mike to check your balance just send "BAL" to 222.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you messie ..... :tiphat: .... I did find out that some of the apps on my newly purchased Huawei were "phoning home" to update themselves and because stupid me didn't realize that not all Globe services such as Call Text Svcs and Call Cust Svc are free calls ..... they infact charge you .... only check balance is free .... now I use the SIM Toolkit app from 3rd party software and with shutting down the "phone home feature" of the other apps all is once again right with the world ..... :thumbsup: