Self-Defense Claim A Dear Pao ,article

sjp52
Posted
Posted

The Thing is, if the American had Killed the 4 young Rich guys that were attacking him. Would he have been Charged with Murder or would the Self Defence thing come in. Hmmmmmmmmmm I rather think Not so we go back to the Them and Us thing.  Do we not?  

OK, now this was my original question. getting away from the American  issue and before we start to go around and around in Circles as we are none of us Lawyers at all and certainly not here. Lets just suppose.

Scenario:

Me You or anyone here stupidly through Drink, starts a Fist fight in a Bar, All of a sudden there are 3 more guys joining in with him (The other Guy) and one of them pulls a Knife ( a gun or whatever)  and things get very serious. Now, more by luck than Judgement we get the knife or whatever from the guy who pulled it and as things progress we kill one of the other guys, bearing in Mind his intentions with that weapon, We stab Shoot or however it turns out,  one of these men. Is that Murder or Self defence.?

That Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, was My Question.

No Further questions your Honour.

JP 

to be able to answer that question I would have to know how much money you have.

I know an incident where a man stabbed a woman 6 times. She was in the hospital for weeks and barely survived. He was arrested and put in jail. 3 weeks later he was released and told to stay away from her. His aunt who was working abroad had come home and paid 30,000 pesos to get him out of jail. Money is above the law in this country 

Thomas
Posted
Posted
to be able to answer that question I would have to know how much money you have. I know an incident where a man stabbed a woman 6 times. She was in the hospital for weeks and barely survived. He was arrested and put in jail. 3 weeks later he was released and told to stay away from her. His aunt who was working abroad had come home and paid 30,000 pesos to get him out of jail. Money is above the law in this country
I guess he is Filipino?   :)

But you are corect, foreigners can BUY freedom too (e g the USA wanted American, who live OPEN in Manila (or some north of it) without being bothered by the police by he pay them...)