Living In Cebu

yarg1018
Posted
Posted

Hi I plan to come to Cebu later this year to marry my sweet heart she wants to live there as do I because i want her near her parents . My question is once i enter with the passport stamp how do i go about extending it until i can get married and  what do i need to stay for as long as i want? also once there i would like to meet up with other Americans that may be able to help and walk me through it .

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, there are members of long standing in Philippines that will answer your questions.

My only advice, hasten SLOWLY!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
also once there i would like to meet up with other Americans that may be able to help and walk me through it .

Well lets say Welcome and remind you, that we are all treated the same here, Aliens (Foreigners) Not just a US member can help you.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

Just some friendly advice: you should probably think about slowing down a bit. Is there a reason why you are in a hurry to get married? 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hi I plan to come to Cebu later this year to marry my sweet heart she wants to live there as do I because i want her near her parents . My question is once i enter with the passport stamp how do i go about extending it until i can get married and  what do i need to stay for as long as i want? also once there i would like to meet up with other Americans that may be able to help and walk me through it .

Hi

The first thing to do is read the many topics and posts here on the forum as all the answers are there. You wont need anyone to walk you through it once you have taken the time to read. Start off in the visa section of the forum and if you don't understand something Im sure we will will advise you if you have questions.

:cheersty:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just some friendly advice: you should probably think about slowing down a bit. Is there a reason why you are in a hurry to get married? 

Yes that thought came to my mind also but just thought I should hold back a bit. But lets hope this is not another case of someone looking through rose coloured glasses.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The answer to your visa renewal question can easily be found hereabouts. The answers to many questions which you don't even know enough to ask yet are here as well. For the next week, do nothing in your spare time other than browsing this forum. Learn to use the 'search' function.

It's a rule of thumb that an expat and his wife should live at least an hour's journey away from the wife's family. This is to make it somewhat difficult for family members to show up unannounced asking for money or whatever.

Do some research, friend. Forewarned is forearmed.

• Like 3

Lou49
Posted
Posted

pm sent.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Mostly what you need is money.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Mostly what you need is money.

Not forgetting Patience, a keen and bountiful amount of Humour.

• Like 2