Sogo And Me.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I love Sogo and it will always be my first choice.

We use the one in Recto, which in reality is only a few steps,100 metres away from Quiapo. We dont need taxis and tricyles to get around, we walk. This morning I paid 68 pesos rounded out to 80 for a taxi to BI, and going back we got a jeepney@ 10 pesos each.

I have a Snr Citizen's Card issued at City Hall back in Vigan. I realize everyone doesn't have that, but your 13a visa, Permanent Resident does say "Rights and Privileges same as Philippines Citizen" so I guess it's

open to interpretaion

SOGO DAY ONE: we took a 10 hour promo for 385, available week days only. 0500-1500, 3PM.

SOGO DAY TWO: 24 hours for 897 using my discount 1500-1500

SOGO DAY THREE: 24 hours for 897 using my discount 1500-1500

The total is 2226, but there was 45 pesos added on Day 3, because the weekend rate is different.

TV, Cable, AC, good hot water, there is something about free international dialing but I didn't use it'

No room cleaning in short stay hotel, you are provided with a package of 2 towels and sheet every AM.

Food and room service, yes but I wouldn't. Get food outside.

The standard is basic but it is highly recommended.

There are so called premium, deluxe and executive rooms available, we don't get those.

One month would be 27,000, room is small but I would consider that.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Sogo Recto ?

I thought this was Bubba telling us where to put our opinions.

Maybe you could explain just where we are talking about for the uneducated like me :unsure:

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Sogo Recto ?

Maybe you could explain just where we are talking about for the uneducated like me :unsure:

Metro Manila, use Google to search Quiapo Church or Google Sogo Hotel Recto directly.

Sogo has many branches,you must specify Recto.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Sogo Recto ?

Metro Manila, use Google to search Quiapo Church or Google Sogo Hotel Recto directly.

Sogo has many branches,you must specify Recto.

Are you sure you're not telling us where to stick....  Hey, Kuya John!  I think you were right!

I am a very bad Bob...

:mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Get coffee Bob.

And cool youself before JGF sees you. You are on a roll this morning, but I suspect JGF might not like the post you are referring to

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
I have a Snr Citizen's Card issued at City Hall back in Vigan. I realize everyone doesn't have that, but your 13a visa, Permanent Resident does say "Rights and Privileges same as Philippines Citizen" so I guess it's open to interpretaion

With respect Chris you may want to check this out. According to the Senior Citizen association where I live there was a time last year when they were able to issue these cards to foreigners. This window was shut after a few months, again, according to them if these cards are used (even legally issued by the association) the user could be liable. Crazy but this is the Philippines. 

I am sorry to put a dampener here just suggest it may well be worth checking out. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well done Chris, a Degree in Bargain hunting from me.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Remember that using a Senior Citizen's card in Philippines, when you are not a Philippine citizen, is illegal.  It does not matter who sees it differently and how they go about getting an illegal one.  Illegal activity is not to be discussed on this forum.  If you get such a card and use it at your own risk then so be it. I am sure that  Philippine Senior Citizens will find this thread quite useful so my thanks to the opening poster and a request not to discuss how non citizens can get the card.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

SOGO hotels are a clean,low cost and a    SAFE room option

WHEN  visiting the NCR/manila areas.

its not just a quick release room rest, families do stay there when they come to the big city from the province

to do there.. shopping or  visitation?

thanks for the post CHRIS 49 and that's just my opinion :999: 

Edited by Call me bubba
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Remember that using a Senior Citizen's card in Philippines, when you are not a Philippine citizen, is illegal.  It does not matter who sees it differently and how they go about getting an illegal one.  Illegal activity is not to be discussed on this forum.  If you get such a card and use it at your own risk then so be it. I am sure that  Philippine Senior Citizens will find this thread quite useful so my thanks to the opening poster and a request not to discuss how non citizens can get the card.

Thanks Dave, I was answering another poster, so thanks for the reminder.