Six Month Visa Extension

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

How much is a six month visa extension in Mandaue/ Cebu city? I was talking to a friend last night who said it was more expensive to get six months than doing it every 2 months.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

No, it should be slightly cheaper to get the 6 month visa rather than 3 X 2 months.  If you need an ACR renewal in the 6 month, that will make it higher, but you will need that in one of 2 month renewals too.  I don't think Cebu BI would be much different than the offices I used.  In theory they should be exactly the same but you know how that is here!

I have my costs posted here:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/17940-visa-costs/page-2

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It depends.  Some people have managed to save 1,000 pesos on the express fees by getting a 6 month rather than 3 x 2 month visas but it seems like whoever is processing it makes up their own mind on what express fees to charge so some guys have paid more, or so it seems from talking to guys who have done it.  The cheapest I have heard of is just under 8,000 pesos for the 6 months.  It probably depends on what 6 months they are too.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I converted from Balikbayan visitor stamp to a six month visa about 8 months ago.  Don't recall the exact cost, but it was about 11-12,000 peso and included the fees for the ICR card.  This was at Mandaue.  Have since applied for the 13A visa and now have the one year temporary, also from Mandaue.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I converted from Balikbayan visitor stamp to a six month visa about 8 months ago.  Don't recall the exact cost, but it was about 11-12,000 peso and included the fees for the ICR card.  This was at Mandaue.  Have since applied for the 13A visa and now have the one year temporary, also from Mandaue.

My friend did say he paid a little more than that but I guess it depends on who serves you at the BI.