Visa Costs

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I extended my tourist visa for another 6 months today and here is my updated spreadsheet of costs.  My second year was cheaper than the first.

post-1784-0-09344400-1413192469_thumb.jp

I never thought I would stay in the country for this long without traveling, but they changed the rules, and little bundles of joy make travel harder!

post-1784-0-69089900-1413192613_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If I am reading that correctly, it was 18,869 pesos for your last 12 months?  I renew every 2 months and it is always 2,830 at the Dumaguete BI so I spend 16,980 in 12 months plus they may hit me up for a renewal fee for my tourist ACR card one of these days.  (Just as a side note, I went to do that new registration thing with 'biometrics' and the lady told me to just use my expired ACR card and if her boss asks just tell him I have not yet received the renewed card.)

Once again.  Each office and each employee will give a different experience.

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

The ACR card lasts for 1 year and my BI here in Davao will surely renew it and slam me with it's renewal fees.

You know how accurate they are :)

Regarding the 6 months renewal, don't renew unless you surely know that you will not travel out. Coz if you do you will be back to square one. They will treat you as a fresh tourist who has just arrived !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If I am reading that correctly, it was 18,869 pesos for your last 12 months?  I renew every 2 months and it is always 2,830 at the Dumaguete BI so I spend 16,980 in 12 months plus they may hit me up for a renewal fee for my tourist ACR card one of these days.  (Just as a side note, I went to do that new registration thing with 'biometrics' and the lady told me to just use my expired ACR card and if her boss asks just tell him I have not yet received the renewed card.)

Once again.  Each office and each employee will give a different experience.

Yes, that is correct.  As you can see most of my 2 mo extensions are also 2830, but once a year they add the ACR fees, as they did in the column dated 12/12/13.  The 6 month extension saves a bit, as 2830 X 3 would be 8490, but both of my 6 mo extensions were about 7350.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The ACR card lasts for 1 year and my BI here in Davao will surely renew it and slam me with it's renewal fees.

You know how accurate they are :)

Regarding the 6 months renewal, don't renew unless you surely know that you will not travel out. Coz if you do you will be back to square one. They will treat you as a fresh tourist who has just arrived !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, 6 month might not work for some but unless I have an emergency, I will not travel out of the Philippines.  I almost flew to Hong Kong overnight this week just to avoid going to Manila, but it would have cost me a lot more than my Manila trip.  I am going to post about my Manila trip later.

robert k
Posted
Posted

It may be harder to travel but you could not ask for a cuter anchor. :)

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 I may be the first guy to legally stay here 3 years on a tourist visa,

I think JP may be a bit ahead of you  :cheersty:   He was telling a couple of us that his 3 years was up in July? (I think that was wot he said) and he had to do a visa run.

My question to you, and others who have done the 6 month visa in Cebu, is did they give you any grief about only getting the 6 month visa during your first 16 months???  When they first started the problem they said you could only do it up to 16 months but did they change their minds on that?  Might be worth me going to Cebu to do it because Dumaguete BI is not the most user friendly I find.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I may be the first guy to legally stay here 3 years on a tourist visa,

I think JP may be a bit ahead of you  :cheersty:   He was telling a couple of us that his 3 years was up in July? (I think that was wot he said) and he had to do a visa run.

My question to you, and others who have done the 6 month visa in Cebu, is did they give you any grief about only getting the 6 month visa during your first 16 months???  When they first started the problem they said you could only do it up to 16 months but did they change their minds on that?  Might be worth me going to Cebu to do it because Dumaguete BI is not the most user friendly I find.

Darn, I wanted to be first!

I think I understand your question.

The last understanding I had was that only Manila Main BI could do an extension past 24 months.  This is based on a few threads I have read and what they told me at Olongapo City BI.  Can Cebu do it?  I don't know.  They are probably the second biggest office. so maybe??

So, if you have 17+, months like me, I had to go to the main office.  I have done the 6 months 3 times now, and how it evolved was:

First time:  6 month was only offered in Manila, had to go to Manila

Second time:  6 month was offered at the small offices but with the 16 / 24 rules above.

Third time:  Same as second.  However, I must admit that I did not stop by and talk to Olongapo BI to see if things had changed.  I should of.   :bash:

Your mission, should chose to accept it, it to stop by your nearest BI and ask about the 16/24 rule!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

It's that time again.  I may be the first guy to legally stay here 3 years on a tourist visa, as they changed the rules right about the time I needed them to.  Now I wish I had exited the country earlier to restart the clock, because yesterday we had the trip from hell to Manila.  Man I hate that city!

I'm extended until October 18th for a total of 3 years.  I've already got a ticket to exit before that, if need be.  Here are my costs for the 3 years.  I had to spring for a new ACR card and they gave it to me right there within about 45 minutes of submitting.

attachicon.gifVisa Costs.jpg

I regret not getting married yet but we are planning now, so I should be able to convert to a Balikbayan or 13A sometime this year.  My girls have made it a very enjoyable 3 years!  This little one turned 13 months old today and she keeps us all smiling!  Here she is wearing her stylish hat while watching nursery rhymes this morning.

attachicon.gifIMGP9961.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9964-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9967.JPG

Holy crap thats a nice entertainment center!! You bought those speakers from a Motley Crue garage sale? LOL! Do the neighbors complain of the sound? What size TV is that,and did you buy it in Phils?

• Like 1