Visa Costs

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I think JP may be a bit ahead of you
Darn, I wanted to be first!

You may be first after all.  A little birdie told me that JP is getting his 13a and won't have to leave after 3 years.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
You may be first after all.  A little birdie told me that JP is getting his 13a and won't have to leave after 3 years.

Correct, just waiting for the Approval. Any day I am told, Approved in Theory just awaiting Manila to Rubber stamp.

JP  :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Holy crap thats a nice entertainment center!! You bought those speakers from a Motley Crue garage sale? LOL! Do the neighbors complain of the sound? What size TV is that,and did you buy it in Phils?

(Purchase location in brackets)

Ha ha, it looks more impressive that it really is!  At our old house we had a nice spot for extra TV, so I bought a Konzert amp, karaoke player and 2 speakers for it (Western Applaince).  Cheap price but it sounds really good!  When we moved I had no place for it, so it is piled in with my main system.  The Konzert speakers are sitting on top of my main tower speakers.  The main system I also bought here.  A Yamaha HTR with the Yamaha tower speakers, center speaker, and surround speaker (SM appliance) which are sitting next to the TV.  It is not real high end Yamaha.  At our new house, I have never taken the time to put the surround speakers in a proper position because I would have to string a wire across the ceiling.  I also have a Denon DVD player and a Samsung Bluray player that I brought from the U.S.  The TV is a 42 inch LG Smart TV (Western appliance) that I have been very happy with.

• 3 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

Holy crap thats a nice entertainment center!! You bought those speakers from a Motley Crue garage sale? LOL! Do the neighbors complain of the sound? What size TV is that,and did you buy it in Phils?

Ha ha, it looks more impressive that it really is!  At our old house we had a nice spot for extra TV, so I bought a Konzert amp, karaoke player and 2 speakers for it (Western Applaince).  Cheap price but it sounds really good!  When we moved I had no place for it, so it is piled in with my main system.  The Konzert speakers are sitting on top of my main tower speakers.  The main system I also bought here.  A Yamaha HTR with the Yamaha tower speakers, center speaker, and surround speaker (SM appliance) which are sitting next to the TV.  It is not real high end Yamaha.  At our new house, I have never taken the time to put the surround speakers in a proper position because I would have to string a wire across the ceiling.  I also have a Denon DVD player and a Samsung Bluray player that I brought from the U.S.  The TV is a 42 inch LG Smart TV (Western appliance) that I have been very happy with.

Nice nice, but do the neighbors complain when you watch the loud bomb explosion action movies on your system?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Nice nice, but do the neighbors complain when you watch the loud bomb explosion action movies on your system?

No, not at all.  Since we have a toddler we get to bed early and rarely have time to watch an entire movie.  I used to have a Konzert sub-woofer but it died.

russellmania
Posted
Posted

No, not at all.  Since we have a toddler we get to bed early and rarely have time to watch an entire movie.  I used to have a Konzert sub-woofer but it died.

For your 42" western TV did you get a voltage converter from Phils? If so what size? m planning on shipping mine also from the U.S. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
For your 42" western TV did you get a voltage converter from Phils? If so what size? m planning on shipping mine also from the U.S. 

I got the TV here so it is 220 (the store is called Western Appliance).  I have a few things that are 110 in the home theater.  I have everything in the home theater plugged into a 1000 watt Panther voltage regulator that I bought here for about $100.  It has 110 and 220.

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I got the TV here so it is 220 (the store is called Western Appliance).  I have a few things that are 110 in the home theater.  I have everything in the home theater plugged into a 1000 watt Panther voltage regulator that I bought here for about $100.  It has 110 and 220.

Oic,,,so you chose Western Appliances because they had the best prices in Cebu City comparing?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Oic,,,so you chose Western Appliances because they had the best prices in Cebu City comparing?

I live in Subic Bay.  Western has given me good deals when I pay cash, so I have bought several things there.  TV, frig, washer, Konzert stereo and some smaller things.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I live in Subic Bay.  Western has given me good deals when I pay cash, so I have bought several things there.  TV, frig, washer, Konzert stereo and some smaller things.

Sometimes and I say Sometimes, Loyalty with a Good Company can and indeed does pay Dividends.

My Wife reckons we may have saved up to 20% in total on buying the Majority of building Supplies from 1 supplier, Of course things they cant provide, they will send you to Their preferred outlet and a note from them yealds some Discount too.

Shopping around is a good Idea to begin with but...................  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Morning all. :morning1: