Visa Costs

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Today I went to Olongapo City BI to do my last extension before I have to exit the country.  I have my RT to HKG and my one way throw away booked for February.

I have been putting my visa costs in a spreadsheet and I thought I would share what it cost me for 14 months.  Perhaps this can help anyone who is planning to stay on a tourist visa.  I was surprised this last one was more expensive, due to ACR fees added again.  Is that your experience?

post-1784-0-40518900-1386935033_thumb.jp

On a side note, I asked about the ECC and they said I could get it no more than 1 week before departure.

They were a bit slow today.  I think I was in there for about 10 minutes.   :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
They were a bit slow today.  I think I was in there for about 10 minutes.

Nothing worse than a 10 minute wait  :71161:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just did my 6th extension and my annual total was p23,090.  Maybe I will get charged again for my ACR later....  Does your ACR have an expiration date?  Mine does not - it just says "Ref Passport".

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I just did my 6th extension and my annual total was p23,090.  Maybe I will get charged again for my ACR later....  Does your ACR have an expiration date?  Mine does not - it just says "Ref Passport".

Mine does have issue date (12/14/12) and expiration date (12/14/13) on the back, so that explains why I had the ACR fees again.  I hope I don't have to pay the ACR fees again after I restart my visa clock.

You might be looking at "Visa Valid Until" on the front.  Mine says "Ref Passport" there.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think I would have moved up my visa run. $132 wouldn't break me but I hate waiting to the last minute anyway. Hopefully I will be on the Balikbayan before I have to make a visa run anyway. :no:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Mine does have issue date (12/14/12) and expiration date (12/14/13) on the back, so that explains why I had the ACR fees again.  I hope I don't have to pay the ACR fees again after I restart my visa clock.

You might be looking at "Visa Valid Until" on the front.  Mine says "Ref Passport" there.

Hey, you are right. I never looked at it that close.  3-6-14 expiration on mine  :)

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hey, you are right. I never looked at it that close.  3-6-14 expiration on mine  :)

I think I would have moved up my visa run. $132 wouldn't break me but I hate waiting to the last minute anyway. Hopefully I will be on the Balikbayan before I have to make a visa run anyway. :no:

Tuka, you might want to consider Robert's suggestion.  I will restart the clock in February but I really don't know if I will have to start over with ACR fees on my second extension.  

Perhaps the ACR is on it's own annual clock so I will not have to spend more on it until Dec. 2014?  Does anyone know about this?  If you look at my fees, I paid ACR in Dec. 2012 and Dec. 2013.  Am I good until Dec. 2014 regardless of my visa timings?

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was able to extend for 6 months today.  Here is my updated visa costs spreadsheet.

As you can see, the 6 month visa does save a bit of money vs. 3 X 2 month extensions.  I saved on the certificate fee and the express lane fees.

post-1784-0-15331700-1391701981_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Today I went to Olongapo City BI to do my last extension before I have to exit the country.  I have my RT to HKG and my one way throw away booked for February.

I have been putting my visa costs in a spreadsheet and I thought I would share what it cost me for 14 months.  Perhaps this can help anyone who is planning to stay on a tourist visa.  I was surprised this last one was more expensive, due to ACR fees added again.  Is that your experience?

attachicon.gifVisa Costs.jpg

On a side note, I asked about the ECC and they said I could get it no more than 1 week before departure.

They were a bit slow today.  I think I was in there for about 10 minutes.   :)

Were you able to cancel your return ticket(s) to Hong Kong and your onward ticket now that you got your 6 month extension? Cathay Pacific allows cancellations for a $100 fee.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Were you able to cancel your return ticket(s) to Hong Kong and your onward ticket now that you got your 6 month extension? Cathay Pacific allows cancellations for a $100 fee.

I don't think I can do anything with them.  My HKG trip was on Cebu Pacific and cancellation is not possible.  I doubt that rebooking would be worth it either.  It says: "Allowed but subject to applicable fees and fare difference. Must be done not less than 4hrs before departure. Not rebookable to another promo seat after the sale period.".  The HKG ticket was only p3810 and my throw away was only p581.  I'm happy to sacrifice this as it was not a good time for me to take the trip to HKG.

• Like 1