The Vat In The Philippines Vs Usa

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Actually here in the Philippines, the VAT is supposed to be included in the posted price. If they try to add the VAT after that, it may in reality be a kano long nose tax.

Exactly what I am thinking. So, I'll never return to a place that charges me an extra VAT. They just lost a "long nose kano" customer.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

To Jack Peterson,

Yes, this is how VAT works in the states. Every step of the way, everything is taxed from labor to time and  material, to overhead, etc, etc.

I understand this and it is all included in the final price to the consumer. The other tax that the consumer pays is the state sales tax where ever it applies. Some states, even some counties and cities it is higher than others. 

Labour costs and such were never taxed before just say the Bricks the mason laid, now all is taxed. Bricks Mortar Time etc.

The USA does not have a VAT tax. There are many taxes during production of a product, such as income tax on labor and income tax on corporate profits. But there is no VAT tax.

Most US states have a sales tax which is added on to the purchase price.

You are right. The USA does not have a VAT but that is how I undertand it to work is what I meant. Sorry.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I kind of like the VAT. Saves me the trouble of calculating tips at restaurants lol. Just look at the bill, 12% is more than they are used to and every time I go to my usual restaurants, I get great survise at the places we frequent. :hystery: