Lee Plaza Dumaguete

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wow..... just came out after 1 hour plus at Lee Plaza. Question to the locals is it always so packed on Sunday's?

Thought with the new Robinson's opposite plus Cangs it would be a breeze. First struggle is to enter, the whole fron foyer seems to be a meeting place for the locals. Next is navigating around with your trolley and my favorite.......around 45 minutes standing in line.

At least the selection is excellent but seems to have the most thorough triple checking check out operators in the country. Oh my do they check, brand new bills from the ATM get checked over and over again. Bagger also counts every item checks it with receipt a couple of times, just when one thinks their done.....Oh no your not, no staples to click the receipt to bag....... Hurry up and wait Sir...Really Can try the patience.

Also must mention, we just drove down from Cebu, took at least an hour longer than usual.....seems half the highway is being dug up so guys be warned.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wow..... just came out after 1 hour plus at Lee Plaza. Question to the locals is it always so packed on Sunday's?

What was their answer? or was there something special going on that day? 

Edit, I re read and now see you mean the locals on the forum.  :no:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Next time try Hypermart.  Same owners, same stock, bigger store, better parking, fewer customers, better customer service.

Lee Plaza is popular because of the location, it is in the center of town, while Hypermart is better if you have your own transportation.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Next time try Hypermart.  Same owners, same stock, bigger store, better parking, fewer customers, better customer service.

Lee Plaza is popular because of the location, it is in the center of town, while Hypermart is better if you have your own transportation.

Yup correct Dave, just bit of a hard drive down from Cebu and stay right next door in Novo. Did not need much but sure needed a heap of time. Hypermarket is sure a nice spot to shop and have a coffee.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
stay right next door in Novo

You did good!  You get the presidential suite?  Fantastic value for the money.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Father's Day today surely added to the crowds.  We made the mistake of going to SM Clark today and it was jam packed.  Almost all the parking was gone.

BTW, they are adding on a new wing to the mall there.  Appears to be a 5 or 6 story large building, so I might guess that SM Department store would move in there and they would convert the old 2 story SM Department store to other retail.

Enjoyed seeing lots of bar girls at the mall today, with their "dads"!   :no:

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Busy busy busy today, even in my little backwater....Fathers Day....what can I say!!

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Father's Day today surely added to the crowds.  We made the mistake of going to SM Clark today and it was jam packed.  Almost all the parking was gone.

BTW, they are adding on a new wing to the mall there.  Appears to be a 5 or 6 story large building, so I might guess that SM Department store would move in there and they would convert the old 2 story SM Department store to other retail.

Enjoyed seeing lots of bar girls at the mall today, with their "dads"!   :no:

If I remember correctly, Valentines Day was hardly any traffic.  I think most of the male drivers were busy becoming fathers at Anitos and Victoria Court type motels.,,,he, he.  The so called popular hangouts (Lee Plaza Dumaguete) are favorite outings to get together and show off their Sunday's best and their bling-bling.  

Ahh.....what a life among an ocean of local and indigenous people.  Gossiping comes hard and fast.  You should hear some of the dirty jokes among the old ladies.  I'm with that group of course.....he, he.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Was at Hypermart this am as had the car at Scuds for oil change. Very laid back and definitely much more relaxed than Lee Plaza. Coffee shop has reasonable coffee and not a bad selection of breads and some cakes.

Compared to Perdeces and surrounding streets it's another world.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Compared to Perdeces and surrounding streets it's another world.

That's why so many of us live in Bagacay, Junob and surrounding Areas up to Valencia.+ if the Rivers are Up and Bridges flooded we get it all to our self

Selfish I know But........................... :)

JP :tiphat: .

• Like 1