Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Don't you have a mother?

Yes and even though she is 86 she is not judgmental.

2 hours ago, FredMac said:

if you bring over some beautiful 5'-1" third-world teenager, rail-thin,

20 something the teen disappears from the wording. I think it's after nineteen that the teen is no longer pronounced. 

Anyway some people just conger up in their mind what a 20 something looks like. Do they all wear skimpy clothes or dress like they work at a bar? no. Are they all thin, no. Are they immature, no or are we thinking of our western cousins at a young age? 

Now what about the famous or wealthy, has it hurt their career or dropped their popularity for being with a younger woman? 

Spoiler

List of Famous Men Who Married Much Younger Women, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Many of Hollywood's leading men have married much younger women. Some famous men married younger women later in their lives, while others married younger women multiple times. One famous man even married a woman 60 years his junior.

Who is the most famous man who married a much younger woman? Donald Trump tops our list. The Donald proposed to Melania Knauss in 2004, when he was 58 years old and she was 34. The couple married on January 22, 2005 and they are still married today. This is Melania's first and only marriage and Trump has been married twice before. Another famous entrepreneur Rupert Murdoch married Wendy Deng in 1999 when he was 68 and she was 30.

Hugh Hefner married Crystal Harris on December 31, 2012 when he was 86 and she was 26. That is a 60 year age difference. They are still married today. Hefner has been married twice previously and he has been in several long-term relationships. Other famous men who have married much younger women include Frank Sinatra, Kevin Costner and Woody Allen.

Jerry Seinfeld married Jessica Sklar on December 25, 1999, when he was 45 and she was 28. The couple are still married, and they have three children together. Sklar was married once before, and this is the first and only marriage for Jerry Seinfeld. Prior to dating Sklar, Seinfeld was in a relationship with 17 year-old high school student Shoshanna Lonstein. He was in his late 30s at the time.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, davewe said:

But here's what I really wanted to say. We now live in the Philippines and I am shocked that a certain percentage of guys who live here strongly disapprove of the age gap relationships. While I expected this reaction when we lived in the US, I am surprised and sometimes humored by those Westerners who are bothered by it here.

Surprised you know about it but not surprised that they disapprove. I've watched quite a few youtube videos where Filipinos are interviewed, tends to be 90% of the men hate us and 90% of the women want us lol.
Can't really blame them, I doubt I'd be happy if I was a 25 year old in the UK, earning 300 pesos per day and struggling to get a girlfriend. Then I see some foreign guy who's 65 year old, earns 20x my wage and takes all the good looking girls in their 20s.

• Like 1

FredMac
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Surprised you know about it but not surprised that they disapprove. I've watched quite a few youtube videos where Filipinos are interviewed, tends to be 90% of the men hate us and 90% of the women want us lol.
Can't really blame them, I doubt I'd be happy if I was a 25 year old in the UK, earning 300 pesos per day and struggling to get a girlfriend. Then I see some foreign guy who's 65 year old, earns 20x my wage and takes all the good looking girls in their 20s.

You make a really good point.  It seems very very unfair to the local men -- in the great scheme of things -- that the most attractive young girls are routinely, over and over and over and over, scooped up by foreigners.  It must be unbelievably frustrating to watch that occurring.  Most filipino guys seem quite polite but I have certainly seen the frustrated look in their eyes as you walk by with a really attractive girl.  The whole thing is almost _too_ exaggerated for its own good.  I mean, I have several times gotten unsolicited messages over FB from a girlfriend's friends asking me to dump the girlfriend and date them instead.  It's ridiculous.  I'm not quite as unattractive as Shrek but still.  I have never in my life seen such gorgeous girls as I've dated in the Philippines, coupled with the fact that many of them spoiled me rotten like it was their sole mission in life.  Yes, some were clearly after money but some didn't bring it up one single time.

The whole thing really just needs to settle down!  We white guys are absolutely not magical beings.  In many many ways a sincere younger man from their own country might have much more to really offer a young filipina.

Anyhow, we're getting a bit off topic, but even so it's helpful to examine the phenomenon of extreme age gap relationships partially because in Western countries that's one taboo that just won't go away soon.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

No no no. I'm not talking about Filipinos. I'm talking about other expats (usually younger). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, davewe said:

No no no. I'm not talking about Filipinos. I'm talking about other expats (usually younger). 

Agree with you there.  The filipino lads see the pretty young things as high maintenance and the smart ones run the other way.

Many low-income local lads who marry a high maintenance, pretty lady end up with family problems.  This may occur when the girl starts looking for a richer person who can treat her the way she wants to be treated (material girl).  Some girls end up with an older, richer Filipino and some end up with expats.  Those latter are the ones we hear about on this forum.    Disclaimer:  This does not mean that every pretty young filipina is a high maintenance, material girl.  That would be generalizing and I am sure there are dozens of guys who would say "Not my girl, she's not like that".  Some expats used to say it quite publicly as quasi-famous vloggers, but many who used to do that are no longer with those girls now.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, FredMac said:

It seems very very unfair to the local men -- in the great scheme of things -- that the most attractive young girls are routinely, over and over and over and over, scooped up by foreigners. 

Most Filipinos I have talked to about what myself and a friend see as beautiful Filipinas have a different opinion on beauty and what we see as a stunning one they dont think so at all. I dont buy this foreigners taking all the good ones either. There are thousands and thousands of single attractive women here so there is no shortage. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This may occur when the girl starts looking for a richer person who can treat her the way she wants to be treated (material girl).  Some girls end up with an older, richer Filipino and some end up with expats.

Material girls must have more brains than one expat I was talking to the other night. A former Hawaiian FBI he claims but he used to live in Angeles where he meets a stunning bar girl who moves in. The security guards and the househelp never seen the safe walk out the door with 400K USD nor did he ever see the rescued girl again.

But then he tells me he no longer carries a lot of money on him now since getting held up here in Cebu down a side street off Mango but why would you be carrying a lot of money for anyway?  But to top it off his new GF who has one child. He told her he might be going to live somewhere else for a year but will support her for life, I guess she will stick around. 

Naive and stupid come to mind. Nice guy though. 

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 9:21 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Don't you have a mother?  Mine would kill me if I brought a wife back to Canada who was only 1/3 my age but she thinks its just fine if I do it in the Philippines.  It's normal here.  The people who don't accept it are from a different culture.  It's not the norm in Canada so anyone doing it will find a much smaller social group, if that is important to them.

Ha! It's funny. No matter how old we get, Mom's approval still matters!

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 8/9/2018 at 12:07 AM, davewe said:

I lived with my younger Filipina wife in the United States so can speak to this with experience. Yes, I would estimate that 10% of my friends, relatives, co-workers and neighbors were shocked and appalled.

Let's be realistic about that 10%. The women felt threatened and the men felt jealous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Naive and stupid come to mind. Nice guy though. 

Sounds like a story teller! :smile: