Say It Isn't So!! Pnp: No More 'special' Gun Permits For Civilians

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Gun purchase, ownership and carry should not be controlled, registered or regulated. If everyone carried guns there would be less crime and less need for police.
Mike I agree with most of your post, but not everyone should be allowed to carry guns. No people with criminal records, no drunks who cannot hold their liquor or get nasty when they have too much too drink, no one who feels that they would not be able to use a firearm if the need arises, because then the gun would be taken from them and used on them and others, and only people who have taken courses in the proper and safe handling of a firearm and the proper use of a firearm. In Florida the laws are too easy and anyone can buy a gun who can pass a background check and it always amazed me the way people think and the things that they would say when talking about how they would like to use the firearm, from shooting the neighbors dog because it barked too much to shooting anyone who touched their car, some people should just not be allowed to have guns and I often wonder if some of those people should even be allowed to walk this planet. :th_thholysheep: It amazed me just how stupid some of those people were.I think that anyone who can get a permit should be allowed to carry a firearm anywhere but in a bar and I think permit should be issued to anyone who can pass a background check and takes a course in safety and proper use. Firearms are not for everyone and everyone should know their own limitations and stick with those limitations.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Gun purchase, ownership and carry should not be controlled, registered or regulated. If everyone carried guns there would be less crime and less need for police.
You got to be kidding?if everyone carried guns then I'm going into the undertaking business. Could you imagine every time some one got pissed off and could not control their temper. What about the druggies when they are off their the face.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
You got to be kidding?if everyone carried guns then I'm going into the undertaking business. Could you imagine every time some one got pissed off and could not control their temper. What about the druggies when they are off their the face.
Actually I kind of liked the old west days where the fastest gun won 1391.gif and the sheriff usually had the fastest gun, but now in my older years I think I would surely lose. :th_thholysheep:Added all kidding aside, my post above has my real opinion. Edited by Mr. Lee

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, here in the US, the gun debate usually comes around to Australia. Social structure similar to the US. Perhaps those forum members living 'down under' can do a little non biased research and post the crime stats for 30 + years ago (no oppressive gun control) and bring it up to date with basic gun ownership being outlawed today.Crime 5 yrs ago? 3 Yrs ago? Today? Rape, robbery and the like. Why I think I heard that the management of Australia has even banned swords! My my my.... is the general population so poorly behaved, or is it that they got caught sleeping while liberal passifists managed to get elected and pulled a fast to disarm the population?Is the average Aussie safer today in his own house / community as compared to 30+ years ago? Will this get even worse for the average Aussie in that they may follow the Limeys and OUTLAW self defense (defence for the Brits) in YOUR OWN HOME? There have been some interesting cases of home owners going to jail for fighting with a burglar..... There is an old saying that (some) god (may have) created all men... but it was Sam Colt made them equal.As a trivia point here. In Florida, ANYONE (Florida resident) over 21 and able to pass the background check may buy a handgun. Same to get a permit to carry the gun, with minor restrictions. There is no longer any 'duty to retreat' when confroned with direct imminent violence. You may take whatever steps needed to protect your person and your family as long as you 'stop' when the threat is over. And this have been going on for years. No mass gun fights in the streets, no real problems. But multiple cases of an 'armed citizen' saving themselves or others. Which brings us back to the very valid point that guns are not the problem. The 'wrong' person with a gun is the problem. With respect to the Philippines...it is a shame that there is no method in place to donate guns to the police. It would be so simple to have a structured path via say FedEx to ship a gun to a central clearing house in the Philippines to be donated to law enforcement. With the vast number of pinoy workers living in the US, many of which are related to police officers, they could ship one gun per year which adds up. I am even sure that US based gun wholesalers would be agreeable to take on the details and the person paying for the gun needs to never even see the gun. All it takes is governmental approval..... and I see that happening... NOT!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, here in the US, the gun debate usually comes around to Australia. Social structure similar to the US. Perhaps those forum members living 'down under' can do a little non biased research and post the crime stats for 30 + years ago (no oppressive gun control) and bring it up to date with basic gun ownership being outlawed today.Crime 5 yrs ago? 3 Yrs ago? Today? Rape, robbery and the like. Why I think I heard that the management of Australia has even banned swords! My my my.... is the general population so poorly behaved, or is it that they got caught sleeping while liberal passifists managed to get elected and pulled a fast to disarm the population?Is the average Aussie safer today in his own house / community as compared to 30+ years ago? Will this get even worse for the average Aussie in that they may follow the Limeys and OUTLAW self defense (defence for the Brits) in YOUR OWN HOME? There have been some interesting cases of home owners going to jail for fighting with a burglar..... There is an old saying that (some) god (may have) created all men... but it was Sam Colt made them equal.As a trivia point here. In Florida, ANYONE (Florida resident) over 21 and able to pass the background check may buy a handgun. Same to get a permit to carry the gun, with minor restrictions. There is no longer any 'duty to retreat' when confroned with direct imminent violence. You may take whatever steps needed to protect your person and your family as long as you 'stop' when the threat is over. And this have been going on for years. No mass gun fights in the streets, no real problems. But multiple cases of an 'armed citizen' saving themselves or others. Which brings us back to the very valid point that guns are not the problem. The 'wrong' person with a gun is the problem. With respect to the Philippines...it is a shame that there is no method in place to donate guns to the police. It would be so simple to have a structured path via say FedEx to ship a gun to a central clearing house in the Philippines to be donated to law enforcement. With the vast number of pinoy workers living in the US, many of which are related to police officers, they could ship one gun per year which adds up. I am even sure that US based gun wholesalers would be agreeable to take on the details and the person paying for the gun needs to never even see the gun. All it takes is governmental approval..... and I see that happening... NOT!
:th_interesting:
Is the average Aussie safer today in his own house / community as compared to 30+ years ago?
How could we compare anywhere in the world with what 30 years ago and now is like?
And this have been going on for years. No mass gun fights in the streets, no real problems. But multiple cases of an 'armed citizen' saving themselves or others. Which brings us back to the very valid point that guns are not the problem. The 'wrong' person with a gun is the problem.
The wrong person,yes but how do we know who should have a gun and who should not,a person might be fine now and insane next year,he might be fine when sober but a killer when drunk.How are we to know if it safe to give him a weapon that can kill us in a split second? I hate to say it but because you are in the gun business and from where you were born you will always think a gun is a necessary part of life,,,,,,,, or is that death? :th_thholysheep:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, since we are on different time schedules for my vacations (your holidays) we most likely never meet in Cebu. But there is a good chance that you will meet up with Lee. :th_thholysheep: While I hope you never have a need for a gun, if you happen to be with Lee out for dinner one night (he will buy, no problem) and are attacked by a person wishing to rob you have have sex with your wife whilst you watch... please take careful notes of what Lee does. (Don't try this at home kiddies.... Lee is a professional and takes every precaution to make sure that the only fatality is the criminal) :th_interesting: I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered..... A gun is like a tool. Same as a jack in your car. You may not need it ever or maybe not in 25 years or maybe you will need it tonight. But you have it. Just in case. Guns all over Israel...no problems when operated by a Jew. Guns in every Swiss home (or is it Sweden, I forget) again, no problems. But there, just incase..... Guns good...criminals bad. (mantra)Lee and I have a mutual friend who is a retired surgeon born and raised in Perth. He actually becomes ill when reciting the lost of gun / self defense rights milestones in Australia. He is on a watch list at the air port because his sister in law had turned over an old Enfield 303 rifle to 'the authorities' when the gun ban when into effect years ago and she told them that he was the owner. A gun that he had not seen in 50 years. (He moved to England about 1950) She does not know it yet, but her action cost her a huge inhertance..... hehehe :th_noproblem:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, since we are on different time schedules for my vacations (your holidays) we most likely never meet in Cebu. But there is a good chance that you will meet up with Lee. :th_thholysheep: While I hope you never have a need for a gun, if you happen to be with Lee out for dinner one night (he will buy, no problem) and are attacked by a person wishing to rob you have have sex with your wife whilst you watch... please take careful notes of what Lee does. (Don't try this at home kiddies.... Lee is a professional and takes every precaution to make sure that the only fatality is the criminal) :th_noproblem: I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered..... A gun is like a tool. Same as a jack in your car. You may not need it ever or maybe not in 25 years or maybe you will need it tonight. But you have it. Just in case. Guns all over Israel...no problems when operated by a Jew. Guns in every Swiss home (or is it Sweden, I forget) again, no problems. But there, just incase..... Guns good...criminals bad. (mantra)Lee and I have a mutual friend who is a retired surgeon born and raised in Perth. He actually becomes ill when reciting the lost of gun / self defense rights milestones in Australia. He is on a watch list at the air port because his sister in law had turned over an old Enfield 303 rifle to 'the authorities' when the gun ban when into effect years ago and she told them that he was the owner. A gun that he had not seen in 50 years. (He moved to England about 1950)She does not know it yet, but her action cost her a huge inhertance..... hehehe :thats-funny:
Well, since we are on different time schedules for my vacations (your holidays) we most likely never meet in Cebu. But there is a good chance that you will meet up with Lee. :th_interesting: While I hope you never have a need for a gun, if you happen to be with Lee out for dinner one night (he will buy, no problem) and are attacked by a person wishing to rob you have have sex with your wife whilst you watch... please take careful notes of what Lee does. (Don't try this at home kiddies.... Lee is a professional and takes every precaution to make sure that the only fatality is the criminal) :th_Good-Luck: I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered.....
Well he wont have a gun on him to do it with. What you might like to understand is that I survived for 47 years without a gun and many others have too.Why is it you gun people are scared to go out side,how do you manage when your in the Philippines with out a gun?
Lee and I have a mutual friend who is a retired surgeon born and raised in Perth. He actually becomes ill when reciting the lost of gun / self defense rights milestones in Australia. He is on a watch list at the air port because his sister in law had turned over an old Enfield 303 rifle to 'the authorities' when the gun ban when into effect years ago and she told them that he was the owner. A gun that he had not seen in 50 years. (He moved to England about 1950)She does not know it yet, but her action cost her a huge inhertance..... hehehe
Well there is a case of being mentally unstable if it up sets him so much,should not have a gun.The rest of the story is crap,there was an amnesty to turn in all unregister weapons,no questions asked.
I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered.....
As for the above statement,if thats how you feel then I hope that we never meet up.Also if you want to attack me in that manner I will use my better judgment and remove you from the forum. :th_grouphug:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Well, since we are on different time schedules for my vacations (your holidays) we most likely never meet in Cebu. But there is a good chance that you will meet up with Lee. :th_thholysheep: While I hope you never have a need for a gun, if you happen to be with Lee out for dinner one night (he will buy, no problem) and are attacked by a person wishing to rob you have have sex with your wife whilst you watch... please take careful notes of what Lee does. (Don't try this at home kiddies.... Lee is a professional and takes every precaution to make sure that the only fatality is the criminal) :th_noproblem: I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered..... A gun is like a tool. Same as a jack in your car. You may not need it ever or maybe not in 25 years or maybe you will need it tonight. But you have it. Just in case. Guns all over Israel...no problems when operated by a Jew. Guns in every Swiss home (or is it Sweden, I forget) again, no problems. But there, just incase..... Guns good...criminals bad. (mantra)Lee and I have a mutual friend who is a retired surgeon born and raised in Perth. He actually becomes ill when reciting the lost of gun / self defense rights milestones in Australia. He is on a watch list at the air port because his sister in law had turned over an old Enfield 303 rifle to 'the authorities' when the gun ban when into effect years ago and she told them that he was the owner. A gun that he had not seen in 50 years. (He moved to England about 1950)She does not know it yet, but her action cost her a huge inhertance..... hehehe :thats-funny:
Well, since we are on different time schedules for my vacations (your holidays) we most likely never meet in Cebu. But there is a good chance that you will meet up with Lee. :th_interesting: While I hope you never have a need for a gun, if you happen to be with Lee out for dinner one night (he will buy, no problem) and are attacked by a person wishing to rob you have have sex with your wife whilst you watch... please take careful notes of what Lee does. (Don't try this at home kiddies.... Lee is a professional and takes every precaution to make sure that the only fatality is the criminal) :th_Good-Luck: I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered.....
Well he wont have a gun on him to do it with. What you might like to understand is that I survived for 47 years without a gun and many others have too.Why is it you gun people are scared to go out side,how do you manage when your in the Philippines with out a gun?
Lee and I have a mutual friend who is a retired surgeon born and raised in Perth. He actually becomes ill when reciting the lost of gun / self defense rights milestones in Australia. He is on a watch list at the air port because his sister in law had turned over an old Enfield 303 rifle to 'the authorities' when the gun ban when into effect years ago and she told them that he was the owner. A gun that he had not seen in 50 years. (He moved to England about 1950)She does not know it yet, but her action cost her a huge inhertance..... hehehe
Well there is a case of being mentally unstable if it up sets him so much,should not have a gun.The rest of the story is crap,there was an amnesty to turn in all unregister weapons,no questions asked.
I will do my best to make sure that Lee acts ONLY to protect himself and his wife... but Lee most likely will also protect you, although it is against my better judgement. A hard lesson learned is a lesson remembered.....
As for the above statement,if thats how you feel then I hope that we never meet up.Also if you want to attack me in that manner I will use my better judgment and remove you from the forum. :th_grouphug:
Good bye SugarwareZ-011.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Good bye SugarwareZ-011.gif
BYE

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well, 2 people from different countries with different rules and upbringing would probably never agree on a gun subject. IMHO you are both entitled to your opinions, but beyond that it should have stopped. The end result is that two otherwise nice people got each others dander up and I feel that it is kind of my fault. So sorry to both of you and peace be with you both and hopefully none of us will ever find ourselves in a position to protect ourselves or our loved ones, God willing.As for me needing a gun, I do not feel that I need one in most circumstances as Bruce well knows, but in limited circumstances such as facing a few people with guns, I just hope I never have to find out.