Affordable Place To Stay At Subic Bay

herby
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap place to stay at Subic Bay where I intend to go in May next year.

Does anyone know a decent hotel / boarding house that's good value? It should be in a quiet

area within walking distance to the nightlife attractions. Just a simple accommodation would be o.k. since I usually don't use all the facilities that many hotels have in abundance, and I don't want to pay for something I never use.

A room rate between 1.000 and 1800 P would be acceptable, but the room should have a balcony or a small porch area.

I've searched through the forum to find a similar post, but didn't find any.

Anyone out there who could help me?

Thanks in advance!

Herbert

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Hi Herby, and welcome

Try searching post by SubicSteve, I could have sworn he had some posts about places to stay in Subic

good luck :cheersty:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap place to stay at Subic Bay where I intend to go in May next year.

Does anyone know a decent hotel / boarding house that's good value? It should be in a quiet

area within walking distance to the nightlife attractions. Just a simple accommodation would be o.k. since I usually don't use all the facilities that many hotels have in abundance, and I don't want to pay for something I never use.

A room rate between 1.000 and 1800 P would be acceptable, but the room should have a balcony or a small porch area.

Thanks in advance!

Herbert

You will get that. Just wait for One My Way to see the post, I will tell him.

Apartelles which run 1000 and up are available all over the Philippines, and there is definitely a discount for a one month paid in advance stay eg....30,000 minus 10%=27,000 per month, cable TV, Air Con and hot water included, Wi Fi maybe but let's say not included. Balcony? Can't say, depends on the place.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

For that price range, I would personally get a standard room at the Arizona. Last time I checked, it was going for around $1550P. Fun times at Scores and Floating bar.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Herbert

You will get that. Just wait for One My Way to see the post, I will tell him.

Apartelles which run 1000 and up are available all over the Philippines, and there is definitely a discount for a one month paid in advance stay eg....30,000 minus 10%=27,000 per month, cable TV, Air Con and hot water included, Wi Fi maybe but let's say not included. Balcony? Can't say, depends on the place.

I don't know much about Barrio Barretto, which is where the main entertainment area is.  It is quite far from where we live in the Freeport.  Arizona might be good for that price as I have always heard positives about it.   I don't think there are any rooms in the Freeport for less than p2000.  Most are p3000 and up.

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

How long will u be staying?  Do u want only a hotel room or will an apartment be OK, if u are staying for a long time?

chris49
Posted
Posted

He would not stay in Freeport, imo, the travel would be too excessive getting in and out of there.

A full service hotel eg Arizona, would be the go. Apartelle, they give you the sheets and towels only, would be the money saver.

bows00
Posted
Posted

Yes, Freeport does seem out of the way if your vacationing. However, I heard it is a nice place to settle your roots - I am planning to take a nice tour of the area during my next visit to see if I can set myself up for a decent $500/month rental.

herby
Posted
Posted

How long will u be staying?  Do u want only a hotel room or will an apartment be OK, if u are staying for a long time?

I will only stay there for about 2 weeks before I start travelling around the country. Just a hotel room would do.

An apartment would be an option when you stay for a long time, but in that case you would have to sign a long-term lease.

I think the whole area is quite an expensive place to stay so I am going to reconsider my plan.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I think the whole area is quite an expensive place to stay so I am going to reconsider my plan.

Check Airbnb might be able to rent a condo or efficiency, cost about $25 up per day 3 day min. in Cebu.