Bikers Beware

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

So you want James to stop within 2 feet. The sikad drivers just pulled out no time to stop yes you are supposed to drive at a speed where you can stop but when something happens that quickly it is not possible. There aint no airbrakes on a motorbike.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes James does need his motorcycle. Both Doug and George were unconscious in hospital. They hit the sikads side on not from behind. Yes you are supposed to be able to stop at a safe distance but when it happens as fast as these incidents did you cannot.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes you are supposed to be able to stop at a safe distance

A very good friend and member here has been tail hit on Numerous occasions, each time the offending driver Claiming it was his fault. HOW? on earth can this be, Surely they were too close to him. AH! one said you were Driving too slow. I was doing 25 kph he told the Police, but still he was Blamed. Come on this is totally foreigner Discrimination at it's Finest.

here it seems no matter who hits who where, we are to blame. ef6be8c84577ea46a5a2511cafe7d586.jpg

JP pompus.png

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

This topic just reinforces the need for a dash cam in your car. One that records both front and rear. I don't know what you do on a motorcycle. Perhaps a helmet cam?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Perhaps a helmet cam?

See motorcycle riders with them all the time here in Metro. But I don't know what they expect? If they get into an accident the cam will just show how reckless they were driving, weaving in and out the way they do :hystery: .

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Perhaps a helmet cam?

See motorcycle riders with them all the time here in Metro. But I don't know what they expect? If they get into an accident the cam will just show how reckless they were driving, weaving in and out the way they do :hystery: .

And they will be stupid enough to submit their own self incriminating evidence.  

Only in da Philippines......

• Like 5

Petey
Posted
Posted

Ive had a couple of taps where the rider or jeepney has hit me but have just driven off screaming PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII at me. I did tap the rear of a car while in traffic - suprised she felt it. But she wanted p300k off me for damages to her POS Izuzu Croswind wheel cover. I told her that i admit to it being my fault and i will only pay the repairs that i caused. She said she knew a body shop repair place just down the street. So went there and the guy had a look over the damage. She told him ( in tagalog) that she asked p300k and he laughed. Ended up telling her he can do it for p1k - and thats all i paid her. She drove off and nothing heard again.

But regarding trikes. They are frigging dangerious. Total death traps. When i see 10 kids hanging off it to go home after school i wonder if they will even make it home. I mean how can anyone be in total control of a trike when over loaded like that. Surly if there is an accident our fault or not, the trike rider should be charged with manslaughter for having so many people on the trike.  I read something a month or so back about a boat that capsized and the owner, captain and investor were all guilty of murder because the over loading of the ship caused the capsize.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
trike rider should be charged with manslaughter for having so many people on the trike.

Petey, he would be charged with "reckless imprudence" the Filipino version of Manslaughter (or close to it). Then all charges would most likely be dropped as soon as the driver or his company made an arrangement with the families to pay hospital or funeral costs.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have an update on this as I saw George on Monday. His total bill was nearly 600,000 peso. The hospital initially charged him 850000. Then the plastic Surgeon asked him to pay her,he told her what he had paid the hospital and showed her the bills. She told him that he had been overcharged and would investigate. She got it reduced by 350000. The police told George to claim from the trisikad driver as the accident was his fault. George told them he will not bother as the driver only earns 100 peso per day.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
George told them he will not bother as the driver only earns 100 peso per day.

No Insurance at All?