Revised Cost

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Nice area, can be subjected to heavy flooding, Provident Village? Which Phase.

Marikina is a bit out of the way eg a few km from malls and supermarkets. Running a car, or commute?

60k with an all round maid or a part timer every AM, and a car.

50k if frugle.

Nice addendum by Jack above. If running aircon and a fridge, that's 7-8 k monthly electric bill, Philippines among the highest per kilowatt charges in the world. Washing machine, microwave, Internet, various appliances keep the bill up.

We pay 600 in the province, the fridge currently not working. About 1400-1500 otherwise and in order to run more appliances we are looking at solar. A 200 k investment.

Yes its a nice area, and its flooded the once in 8 years and that was because some idiot opened the flood gates,

A large supermarket where you can get everything you want just a few streets away, and fresh food market walking distance, cloths, pot and pans sold at indoor market too, fast food places everywhere, yes a taxi ride to the super mall too,

All in all everything is on the door step

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Look boys i do welcome everything you are saying and keep it coming too,

The best bet is like many say come over and see how things are and i am hoping i will,

I am not wanting to have my little Britannia over in the Philippines and i am hoping to mix with the locals whether its just with the family who are there and there friends,

I am not wanting to be king of the street either i just want to be me living somewhere we i hope i can blend in , a simple safe life ,

We are all different in what we have and what we are wanting and i do understand many cannot live like others , and many may want the best of everything and if you are use to it then why not , good luck i say to you all,

But i have just Ems and her family seeing how the cope i am sure i can cope with what i may have or not have, so keep all the great advice coming but the budget is the budget, never know may win the lotto before we come , wow that make a big difference do you think

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice area, can be subjected to heavy flooding, Provident Village? Which Phase.

Marikina is a bit out of the way eg a few km from malls and supermarkets. Running a car, or commute?

60k with an all round maid or a part timer every AM, and a car.

50k if frugle.

Nice addendum by Jack above. If running aircon and a fridge, that's 7-8 k monthly electric bill, Philippines among the highest per kilowatt charges in the world. Washing machine, microwave, Internet, various appliances keep the bill up.

We pay 600 in the province, the fridge currently not working. About 1400-1500 otherwise and in order to run more appliances we are looking at solar. A 200 k investment.

Yes its a nice area, and its flooded the once in 8 years and that was because some idiot opened the flood gates,

A large supermarket where you can get everything you want just a few streets away, and fresh food market walking distance, cloths, pot and pans sold at indoor market too, fast food places everywhere, yes a taxi ride to the super mall too,

All in all everything is on the door step

Twice since 2010 and on the flood gates, yes it was controversial. But my friend, in Provident 5 lost his house twice, was very lucky with flood insurance first time. Then in 2013 he lost the house again, but his flood insurance was not valid 2nd go round.

That side of Marikina, closest to the river is so low lying, I would not say it can't happen again. I have been there 7-8 times and there are watermarks up to the higher level of the second floor on a 2 story building. Maybe you already know that a famous model/actress Christina Reyes was stuck on the 2nd floor before rescue by motor boat.

Edited by chris49

stevewool
Posted
Posted

No i dont know about this Lady all i can go on is what i have been told  and seen , we shall be fine because  ours is three story , if ever i see Noah's  ark float past i shall remember your warnings

• Like 1

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I know many of you already living there get sick of these monthly budget type posts but I for one really appreciate them. My wife and I are getting real close to retirement. Hearing how others live and how much it takes to have a particular lifestyle is one of my favorite type of post to read. Even if it bores you to do so, we appreciate the information. It appears we'll be fine on our income but our biggest question is whether or not to build on our property and if so how much of our savings do we really need/want to drop on it.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Again it depends on what you are wanting for space, do you need to build on for a extra income or is it just for yourselves,

I f you are wanting to build anything its best to be out there so you can see what is happening and also agree a fixed price upfront for the work and a time limit too,

We was lucky Ems dad was there for us we sent him the cash and he brought everything the builders required, we also agreed the price before we came home, and it was all done to the letter too, 

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Steve. Provident Village 5 also house's a few celebrities.

Christina Reyes did live in Provident 5, which is low lying to the banks of the Marikina River.

Richard Gutierrez rescued Cristina Reyes (his leading lady in Patient X) from the roof of her house in Provident Village, Marikina City.

http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/509426/how-richard-saved-cristine

Sept 2009, the day after the dams were released due to protocol because several of them reached overflow and per the very controversial engineering reports could have burst the dam. Protocol ordered them released if in 30 mins there was no response from higher authority.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thats the day Ems had to walk a very long way to get to her dads place, lots of mess everywhere over those few weeks, its the after effect , the mud , the poor girl was there for days helping clean the place up, thats the one i have heard that effected the house,

Once over in Borocay Ems pointed out to some celebrities sitting on the next table, yes pretty but so rude to people around them, they did nothing for me , but then again i only had eyes for Ems

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I lived probably 5 km away at the time. When Congressional Avenue flowed like a river and about 7 PM, people were trying to get home from work and needed to cross, very very scary, some with kids. And we had not been told about the release of dams.

No doubt the celebs are the beautiful people here, beauty goes a long way, but behind that there's a lot of make up. a lot of enhancements, that you could notice if close up. Liz Hurley was pretty horrible without make up and showed her age quite prematurely, as a comparison.

Steve, with your own house and a practical approach and some good relos, I think you would be fine. Cost of Living goes up, but eg, my pensions are adjusted yearly, so that might equal out.

Edited by chris49

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Chris i do appreciate what you and other members write and take time too, to help others who are making the move, deep down i will have enough funds in what i have coming in we also have a house here in England and that will go towards our income , plus lots of savings too, yes savings will be there to top up when ever we need it, yes it will run out one day but hopefully the day it runes out we will both be ready for our maker

• Like 3