Looking For Quinoa, Buckwheat, Millet, Almonds, Blueberries And Other Health Products

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/10/2015 at 3:06 PM, Thomas said:

In your list at least almonds and walnuts are grown in Phils too, but I believe rather uncommon. I mean compared to the common :)

How about OTHER nuts and berries? E g cashew nuts are rather commonly grown in Phils  = Cost much less than imported stuff.

I have forgot where, but somewhere in the south half of Luzon, in the mountains they have profesional growing of "sapirit"  = same/similar as wild raspberries.

Cashews are a weakness for me and the rasberries sound great also. Hope I can source them at markets when the time comes.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Cashews are easy to come by in the Philippines.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 11/26/2015 at 2:19 PM, Mike S said:

Well by the time I got here you guys already answered all his questions ..... I would say Healthy Options also ..... I sure miss the one in Cebu .....

Earthdome mentioned cranberries and Ayala supermarket here in Bacolod has them ..... might check an Ayala near you .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Mike---There is a healthy options store at SM City Cebu that I go to for a lot of great things especially imported organic mayonaise:) Not sure where the one you were familiar with used to be. 

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I think that in Rizal province/Antipolo there are a lot of cashews grown. Not sure about walnuts though.

Healthy Options, Rustan's and SM Hypermarket sells those great Red Mill products. and sometimes dried cranberries. I've also seen large bags of almonds and walnuts at S&R, but they were more than I was willing to spend:)

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, MacBubba said:

Cashews are easy to come by in the Philippines.

Very expensive too unless you buy them raw from the wholesaler. At a store, you get about 10 pieces in a bag for 50p.

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

That does sound expensive!  We've only ever bought them in Antipolo and Palawan, where we know that they are very freshly harvested and roasted.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Mike---There is a healthy options store at SM City Cebu that I go to for a lot of great things especially imported organic mayonaise:) Not sure where the one you were familiar with used to be. 

That's the one used to be right across from the Kultura Filipina native store .... HO sits on a corner .... you are right LOTS of great items in there .... that store I sure do miss .... :thumbsup:

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike S said:

That's the one used to be right across from the Kultura Filipina native store .... HO sits on a corner .... you are right LOTS of great items in there .... that store I sure do miss .... :thumbsup:

Good news Mike--that is the store that I go to, and it's still open. Who knows--maybe for a time they had closed for some reason? But that is the one I go to. Now you can go back:)

• Like 2