Made In China. Electrical Appliances. Spin Off Thread.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have just been chuckling over a Facebook post by a Fil-Am, Phils resident, friend who posted a picture of a multimeter labelled FUKE

Not FLUKE

Made in China and available in the Philippines for not very many pesos..

Jake will already have mentally swapped "F" for "P"... 

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah, ther eis a huge difference in made in China for the US, and made in China for the Philippines.  Generally the prices will make it obvious.  The hardest part is knowing if the label is genuine or pirated.  You know when you see a Samsung phone for P1,000 it is a fake, but sometimes it is hard to know - depending on the store.  I have purchased DVD's at the mall only to find out they were pirated copies after I got them home. 

China can make some great quality, if they are told to (and paid to).  Like India, some of the best metal work I have seen came from India... and some of the worst metal work I have seen came from India...   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Regarding Phillips, they have good worldwide marketing and my perception is that they are a quality brand, but I was never impressed with their flat screens in the U.S. And most of their prices here in the Philippines are far higher than similar products.
  That's not odd. Phils have high "punnishment custom fees" at such imported products.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Jake will already have mentally swapped "F" for "P"... 

or dropped the E