How To Cope

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Yeah, family is really huge here. Most of them all live very close to each other as well.

My wife though actually seems to go through phases where she gets really tired of the stress and wants space from them.

I'm a very private person and somewhat of a loner in ways. Nope.. That doesn't fly here. Definitely a huge adjustment but my we've has been worth it.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, family is really huge here. Most of them all live very close to each other as well.

My wife though actually seems to go through phases where she gets really tired of the stress and wants space from them.

I'm a very private person and somewhat of a loner in ways. Nope.. That doesn't fly here. Definitely a huge adjustment but my we've has been worth it.

Nicely put.

At this moment, I am in deep, deep kimche with K for helping out family members without her prior approval. 

She has correctly rumbled that I have in effect bought her elder brother and her most respected elder sister, as well as her parents, all of whom are under serious "utang" to me - and they are country folks.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm sure it will pass. When it comes to money your dammed if you do lend it and your dammed if you don't.

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

It's interesting to me that as the 100% bread winner of the 2 of us-I am never referenced by my wife's family when it comes to any family requests for money...sometimes the pride thing at my expense can get to me.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

It's interesting to me that as the 100% bread winner of the 2 of us-I am never referenced by my wife's family when it comes to any family requests for money...sometimes the pride thing at my expense can get to me.

Yeah, nobody has ever asked me personally for money directly. They hit my wife up. Relatives have hinted though and have asked me to buy things before.
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I guess I am lucky I don`t get asked for anything 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I guess I am lucky I don`t get asked for anything 

Just so ya don't feel left out, I'll ask ya for a beer next time I see ya.  :hystery:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just like a London bus two or even three may come along at once.

Steve Can we send NO.but you can

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can I please borrow 10,000 php for medical, family, etc reasons? I'll pay you back soon.

Just want to get you ready son.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm not married yet but i have 40 or more relatives already... i live next to a squatters area and one dayone of the 3 year old kids had no slippers... found out he has 11 brother's and sisters and the parents couldn't afford any... Went into my friend's sari sari store and came out with Captain America slippers fit him... i am now family for him, his brothers and sisters, his cousins and a few odd other kids... Nobody asks for anything, just have to wait out the line ups to bless Kuya Bob! Hehe!

:D

• Like 1