Tattoo's, Ear Rings And Other Unmentionables

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Here is what I heard.

When it became stylish for men to wear ear rings someone said it is nothing new. Pirates used to wear ear rings a long time ago. If they wore one on their left ear, it meant they were Gay. If they wore one on their right ear, they were straight. If they had ear rings in both ears, it meant they were Bi.

Don't get pssed at me,  it's what I heard and just thought to pass it on.  Actually I don't care and I don't wear any piercings.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I have several tattoos and had my ear pierced a long time ago ... some of the folks I used to ride with had many more including sleeves (solid tattoos from wrist to shoulder)  and full body art ..... but then I really don't worry about what folks think of me or if they don't want to be my "friend" .... to each his own .... there are many traditions and myths surrounding ear piercings .... 

Greek sponge divers had precious stones in their ear piercings so if they died while diving someone would bring their bodies up for burial .... the stone went to the one that retrieved their body .....

I believe the practice of left ear being straight and right ear being gay started well after the pirate days but I could be wrong .... many of my riding buddies had earrings in both ears and I would never dare even suggest they were AC/DC .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I only have 3 tattoos.  No piercings now, but I did have 3 ear piercings, one nipple, and my tongue.  It was the 90's we all did ha ha.

A friend posted a pic of her young daughter that just got her septum pierced... my wife did not approve  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

No tattoos, no piercings. Not for me. Ever.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well to each their own.I say live and let live.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

how about this for body piercing ,

post-2574-0-61230900-1441008950_thumb.jppost-2574-0-75690800-1441008955_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well to each their own.I say live and let live.

how about this for body piercing ,

Ditto I think Steve.

JP :unsure: