Diesel Generator

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I have a question I am looking to buy a Diesel Generator I found one it is 6800Kw, Japanese made and the cost is 35,000 Pecos I have about 7000 watts of usage with everything in my house so I should be ok so I am just wondering if the price seems ok.  Thank You

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Japanese made and the cost is 35,000 Pecos

I've paid almost that much for a used on in the past.  Or is it used?  Still seems fair if its in good condition.

• Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

NO

Dave it is new 

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

NO

Dave it is new 

Thirty-five thousand pesos, USD 750, for a brand new 6.8 KVA  Japanese diesel genset sounds almost too good to be true. Is it a well-known brand such as Yanmar or Kabuto?

You say your total load is about 7KW so I guess that includes aircon, what is your maximum surge (startup) load? My experience of diesel generators is that they don't like surge loads greater than their maximum rating (unlike petrol generators which will overrun for a short time). This could mean that you never reach your maximum rating since the breakers trip when the surge load of the final appliance comes online.

Apologies if I'm telling you what you know already but, as I said in an earlier thread on this topic, I went through a very steep learning curve when living on a junk in Hong Kong.

• Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Sounds very cheap ,if its for real it would be a great buy ,as stated above just take it easy try and do without some of your appliances or introduce each appliance 1 at a time and let the gen set  normalize .

best of luck.

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Thank You for your advise I am very thank full

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So keep us informed.  Was that 35K the real price (or was it a sign which means 35K is your down payment and you pay the rest "n a while")  And did you buy it and did you like it?

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Was that 35K the real price (or was it a sign which means 35K is your down payment and you pay the rest "n a while")
Or was it stolen?   :)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the follow up story and that  you were not taken advantage of. :thumbsup:

• Like 1