Double Cream

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I want to make some homemade ice cream. Does anybody know where I could purchase double cream? If this is not available does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Maybe say 'cream cream' as you are pouring it into a bowl may help? lol

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

Cream x 2

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If this is not available does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative.

Sorry can't help personally but my Friend Big "G" has some tips you may find useful :thumbsup:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GIWA_enPH638PH638&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+make+ice+cream

You never Verge post-2148-0-25280300-1441933216.png

JP :)

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jack for the link, nice to get at least one sensible answer!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jack for the link, nice to get at least one sensible answer!

post-2148-0-10135700-1441934634.jpg My Pleasure, we can but try  :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cream x 2

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Funny. double cream = 2 x cream

( makes sense to me )

Edited by Gratefuled

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are 2 dairies in Dumaguete I could refer you to, but you are not here, so you will have to look for a local dairy and ask them for some.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Icebear
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm afraid, you won't find double-cream here. First of all, it's only available in the UK, not allowed to sell in Europe because of the sensible shelf life (like the Tiramisu-problem with the raw eggs). It is not possible to expand it like homegenised milk etc. The have a lack of diary products here anyway and absolutely no cold chains.The Nestlé joghurt you get in supermarkets is also not a real joghurt, only water, milk powder and bacterias for a joghurt taste, that's why the shelf life is so long (1 month or so).

Maybe you could find Arla homegenised whipping cream at your lokal supermarket.It's expensive, especially the 1 l tetra packs (around 400 php in Puerto Galera), but much better than this "All purpose cream", what is not usable for whipping and cream sauces with it taste awful as well. Please don't buy any "dairy" products, when they're not professionally tetra-packed by an official brand/producer (excluding fresh coconut milk at the market...), it would be full of bacterias.

You could take soya milk instead of cream, but I don't know about the taste. If you could find imported almond milk somehwere,you can take that. But it tastes best with real cream, of course.

Good luck,

Icebear

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Please don't buy any "dairy" products, when they're not professionally tetra-packed by an official brand/producer (excluding fresh coconut milk at the market...), it would be full of bacterias.

Now that sounds like a man who has been brainwashed  :hystery:

I made home-made ice cream all the time when I was in my 20s and  living a rural life.  My neighbor was a cream supplier to the local dairy and we got our cream direct from him.  He had no electricity and no sanitation facilities, he was just a guy with some cows. Many in North America did this in the times before the media brainwashed us.  Yes to being careful, No to denying yourself local dairy products due to media induced fear.

• Like 1