I Almost Lost Another Motorcycle

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

3 and a half months ago my motorcycle was stolen

Please watch for my stolen Motorcycle

I never saw it again.

I went for a month or two without wheels, hoping it would be recovered, and then bought the cheapest, new, Rusi motorcycle I could find.  It cost me 33K pesos.  Today I almost had it stolen.  Well to be precise I gave it away:

I was at Robinson's mall and a guy who looked like one of the motorcycle parking attendants came running up to me to signal that I could park in his area.  He had the traditional T shirt wrapped around his head and dark sunglasses on and he spoke rapidly as he told my gf that he noticed our back tire was low on air when we drove up.  He held out his hand and said to give him the keys and he would take care of that.  I held the keys halfway out while I digested this information and he grabbed them and was off in a flash.

All the time we were shopping I hoped he really was a parking attendant and that I had not just lost another motorcycle but luckily enough he was there when we came back out.  I tried to give him 20 pesos but he would not take it.  "50 pesos" he said as he explained to my partner how much trouble he had gone to in order to get air in my tire.

Now that I have had this pulled on me I shall be wary of it next time.  I don't trust giving my keys to guys who look like jihadists and want to take my bike for a spin.

What say you all?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What say you all?

Honestly  Dave?  I would say you were damn Lucky :rolleyes:  I always thought these guys had a Pump between them? Obviously not, so maybe a Small pump is in order for you, I have one from Uni Top at 150 peso and it works well on our M/C it is small enough to Fit in a shopping bag. It would certainly put enough air in for a trip to the Filling Station.

Just a thought :thumbsup:

JP post-2148-0-65676600-1442235888.png

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

I would say you were lucky not to lose it again. And my puncture shop, my regular shop has a sign up which says "air" is 5 pesos. Or at the Petrol station, free or maybe a 10 peso tip.

I would say Dave after all this time here, your handing the keys to a third party was a mistake. I'm sureyou don't need someone to pump the tire? Only a little flat? Sure.

More credit on the guy though, a quick 50 pesos I would not begrudge him. but it's a clever way to extract 50 when he usually gets only 20.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

They sell a can of "Fix a Flat" at your local hardware store. It seals small pinctures. Small enough to carry around in your motor sickle compartment.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

You won the lottery Dave, without buying a ticket.!!!

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
More credit on the guy though

Yep.  I am mentally prepared for all the scenarios I expect to happen, but was not prepared for this one and did not think fast enough.  I did not begrudge him 50 pesos for the lesson learned.  It showed me that an old dog can still be taught a new trick.

Had he given me a minute to think about it I would have told him politely that I will add a little more air (wasn't flat - just down a little) next time I get gas and then told him just to park it.

In short, I will have to admit that I made a mistake, but it turned out ok.  Whew.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It showed me that an old dog can still be taught a new trick.

post-2148-0-40705800-1442278454_thumb.jp post-2148-0-28605500-1442278478.gif BTW you are up and about very early todaypost-2148-0-92746800-1442278513.gif

JPpost-2148-0-87095600-1442278537.png

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

3 and a half months ago my motorcycle was stolen

Please watch for my stolen Motorcycle

I never saw it again.

I went for a month or two without wheels, hoping it would be recovered, and then bought the cheapest, new, Rusi motorcycle I could find.  It cost me 33K pesos.  Today I almost had it stolen.  Well to be precise I gave it away:

I was at Robinson's mall and a guy who looked like one of the motorcycle parking attendants came running up to me to signal that I could park in his area.  He had the traditional T shirt wrapped around his head and dark sunglasses on and he spoke rapidly as he told my gf that he noticed our back tire was low on air when we drove up.  He held out his hand and said to give him the keys and he would take care of that.  I held the keys halfway out while I digested this information and he grabbed them and was off in a flash.

All the time we were shopping I hoped he really was a parking attendant and that I had not just lost another motorcycle but luckily enough he was there when we came back out.  I tried to give him 20 pesos but he would not take it.  "50 pesos" he said as he explained to my partner how much trouble he had gone to in order to get air in my tire.

Now that I have had this pulled on me I shall be wary of it next time.  I don't trust giving my keys to guys who look like jihadists and want to take my bike for a spin.

What say you all?

What say you all?

Honestly  Dave?  I would say you were damn Lucky :rolleyes:  I always thought these guys had a Pump between them? Obviously not, so maybe a Small pump is in order for you, I have one from Uni Top at 150 peso and it works well on our M/C it is small enough to Fit in a shopping bag. It would certainly put enough air in for a trip to the Filling Station.

Just a thought :thumbsup:

JP attachicon.gifwink.png

That is very good advice Jack,

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In short, I will have to admit that I made a mistake, but it turned out ok.  Whew.

Did you check that all the parts of the bike are the same as before he took it for air?  :)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Did you check that all the parts of the bike are the same as before he took it for air? 

Like I said, you have a way with Words post-2148-0-92061500-1442303169.png

JP :rolleyes: