Blood Is Thicker Then Water

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well thats the saying , but is it, ,

When there may be problems with love ones in the family they may come together and help to sort the problem out and i do say MIGHT,

But what happens when words are not enough, HARD CASH is wanted, do most take one step back and wait for others to come forward, and what happens if you are part of that family now,

The rich kano is here to rescue us from all our problems LETS ALL SAY AMEN , infact lets say AMEN  again to impress him,

So is blood thicker then water in your life

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well thats the saying , but is it, ,

When there may be problems with love ones in the family they may come together and help to sort the problem out and i do say MIGHT,

But what happens when words are not enough, HARD CASH is wanted, do most take one step back and wait for others to come forward, and what happens if you are part of that family now,

The rich kano is here to rescue us from all our problems LETS ALL SAY AMEN , infact lets say AMEN  again to impress him,

So is blood thicker then water in your life

As in my case and yours apparently, the mighty peso-pound-dollar is thicker than anything else!  

• Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

The Rich Kano Syndrome !!

I am sorry to say we have had this problem twice since we arrived here in 2011.

two family deaths and who is going to pay the bills ?

Thats when part of the family suddenly announce they have no money !

having just buried their Father and recently the Familys Mother.

and the rows begin ! for me handing over money for funerals and the other costs involved is not

a problem because I married into the family and they all know My money is also my wifes money !

but there are limits espec when you take into account we spent over 130,000php on mothers medical and

hospital bills , some family members helped but only by my wifes begging.

others step back and wait and see who is going to pay.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We all , well almost all have gone into these relationships with our eyes open, but still there is little surprises that take us back a bit, well till we get our brain working into telling our mouths to say HELL NO,

What started this thread for me was Ems going to get her hair coloured and joking together on facebook, i said dont come back blond,or you are out, well her sister then said do what you and do it for you and there is a room at our house for you anytime and its free,

Ok is that a joke or not, so i replied , i shall get the ticket but nothing is free in life,

That is when she replied blood is thinker then water thing,

Just to add this is the sister who saw her dad living in a building site because she had no money , but flew herself , husband and children from Dubai to Manila for a month, then brought a new car over there too, and its been over a good year since i have spoken to her or she has spoken to me till today,

Anyway to her reply to blood is thing then water, i said YER REALLY ,

Hay ho life is good when you are rich   :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

some family members helped but only by my wifes begging.

Thats what i hate , but now i have found my NO HEAD, i still listen and then we talk about it, then i find my Worzel Gummindge NO HEAD

post-2574-0-71003200-1443287778_thumb.jp

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My wife calls people like this plastic people who show their wealth but when it comes time to help out a family member they are broke.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thats what i hate , but now i have found my NO HEAD, i still listen and then we talk about it, then i find my Worzel Gummindge NO HEAD

Steve it has to be this way or they will Bleed you Dry

My wife calls people like this plastic people who show their wealth but when it comes time to help out a family member they are broke.

This is a very True  assessment at times, For many Families.

There are 2 types of OFW's. Those that will send money home for the Good of the family and then as we read and we all know exist, there are those that are away for only Their own self Gratification yet seem to need help as well to offset their Living beyond their Means. YET, expect the family to support them when they come home and don't contribute at all.

Steve we all have them and it will never Change. What part of NO do they not Understand.

Now the Question was is "Blood Thicker than Water" to me Not necessarily. Azon has now got the Understanding that if they Want, they ask me Direct, Got a problem, then talk to my face not my Back cos I have learned the costly way. Help is Help, Greed and stupid spending can stay at your own Door.

Nuff said! I think Today apart from this, kill the FB and other means that they can get to you through Ems mate. For me, although you are married and it should be a 50/50 thing, Only You should hold the main Purse strings. After all it is your cash, sure if Em's wants to send her money Fine but that can start other problems, Yes?

That's it for now but I am sure there will be more later as the 'Fat Lady' never seems to stop singing on this issue but always remembering, that "Plastic" Melts and Life can get Hot :unsure: Don't get burnt Fingers Yourself as there may not be much help!

JP :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is a synopsis of my gf/partner's story pre-foreigner.

She was raised by her grandparents.  She took care of them in their old age until they passed.  She was only a teenager while this was happening.  None of the children of those grandparents came by with money, or time or help of any kind while the old folks were alive and hungry and needing medicines.  As soon as the oldsters died, the kids were there in full-on argument mode about who gets the house, who gets the land, who gets the things and who gets the heck out of the house because she is just the 'grand'kid so has no claim and no one cares that she was the one to wipe the crap off grandpas's ass while he was incontinent, and dying.

So its my impression that the family or 'clan' are only useful when they want something.  If a foreigner joins the clan with something they want then they will be your best friends.  That may be money, or connections, or just prestige that they want from you.   But when you are dying on your sick bed you will see NONE of your partner's family members.

Blood is only thicker than water when they are selling a pint of it and trying to put a price on it.

EDIT:  I read this to my partner and she says it is absolutely true AND it is not just her grandparents that have this story.  It happens all over the place.  When old people outlive their usefulness the kids abandon them.

EDIT 2:  I asked where her parents were in all this and she explained it is a pack mentality here.  One of the 7 sisters was the leader of the pack and her parents really had no say in what was going on.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Could the problem be me,

I have loaned cash before to the sisters but i have always said i wanted it back and i have received the large amounts back ok through gritted teeth maybe, but there was just this once time when i said NO to her face (ok it was on facetime )and then the next week she asked Ems again and still the answer was NO (again on facetime )

From that time they did not speak to Ems for nearly a year and me too until yesterday ,

Its funny how many of us say we dont mind helping out the parents of your partner/ wife, but the rest of the family just seem to be taking from there own blood,

Hay ho life goes on and life is good too, just packing the boxes to be sent , ems is happy writing on all the gifts we have brought, i wonder if they will be happy opening there shoes/cloths/soaps/chocolates/and other nik naks Ems has brought