Dropping Litter

jcxy
Posted
Posted

Other than that, there's no place to put trash when you're out and about.  But, even if there were more receptacles, I don't know that it would fix the problem.  They just don't think anything of dropping trash everywhere. 

Here is the same it is extremely difficult to find a rubbish bin, even in the malls sometimes. When I was young we were taught at school to not litter, was as simple as that. Sometimes the children here in the SD come to our house and we give them candy, I can bet you before they hit the road outside the house the candy wrapper is off and thrown on the ground, I call them back and tell them to put the wrappers in the bin, that they walk right past, they think I am some kinda crazy long nose :unsure:

Rubbish bins is not the answer.  Japan which is remarkly clean, you will very rarely find one.  At Narita airport even there you will find it hard to see one or 2.  When Japanese consume candy, sweets and other foods while walking about, they pocket the wrappings and wait until they get home or they find one of those rare thrash bins.  At vending machines, there is a can/bottle recycling bin right next to the machine.  They also save a lot of money on overhead costs this way not having to have a workforce dedicated to emptying rubbish bins.   Sadly cigarette butts do not count as thrash in their minds, so you do still find cigarette butts in the streets.

jacques

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Rubbish bins is not the answer.  Japan which is remarkly clean, you will very rarely find one. 

So What is the answer can I ask?

I just can't see anyone here taking Rubbish Home not even me. When I have Finished my Takeaway I look for somewhere, I can Normally find a Rubbish pile somewhere along the Street and poke my Trash in a Box than always seems to be in the Piles of Rubbish, Which may or may not be Collected some time this week.

Locals and those that don't care will just Drop it where it is, The Rubbish Disposal People don't help here, If they Drop things ( and they always do) it is never cleaned up. WOW now we are really teaching the Kids and Idiots a thing or two, If the Bin  Men can, We can [Throw things on the Floor] That Unfortunately, is the Mind Set

Jack :tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I believe that even through strict education, laws implemented and enforced, leading by example by all citizens and parents, the effects of littering and pollution will require at least one generation of Filipinos to clean up its act.  

Additionally, the respect for Mother Nature and conservation of all natural resources from land and sea will probably take much longer.

When will all this begin, may I ask?  Not in my lifetime.   

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2