Motorcycle License? 400Cc+

Iainsane
Posted
Posted

I cant seem to get a straight answer on this from the LTO or enforcers around the Philippines.

as many of you are probably already know you need a motorcycle license to ride a big bike in the west for example a bike above 125cc is it the same here? 

I am somewhat an enthusiast when it comes to motorcycles but I find this information pretty hard to come by. 

I already have a license for a car out here with no restrictions but I don't to be swindled by some over keen traffic enforcer!

oh bonus question with regard to road markings...

what the heck do the solid double yellow lines with a broken white line down the middle mean?  

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"oh bonus question with regard to road markings...

what the heck do the solid double yellow lines with a broken white line down the middle mean?"

Nothing. Lines on road ways in Philippines are simply a waste of paint. No one ever bothers with road stripes

• Like 4

Iainsane
Posted
Posted

ah. clearly i haven't woken up yet. 

For clarity.

In the UK we are required to sit a motorcycle exam and obtain a license to ride a motorcycle above 125cc. 

Does the Philippines have a similar requirement? What license do you need to legally ride the 125cc+  "big bikes" here in the Philippines?

(couldn't find an option to edit my original post - sorry)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

ah. clearly i haven't woken up yet. 

For clarity.

In the UK we are required to sit a motorcycle exam and obtain a license to ride a motorcycle above 125cc. 

Does the Philippines have a similar requirement? What license do you need to legally ride the 125cc+  "big bikes" here in the Philippines?

(couldn't find an option to edit my original post - sorry)

:hystery:  Sorry  Ian? I laugh but here they just do as they please Test, HUH! Supposedly in some Areas but you just get a Licence if they are in Stock and away you go But in all seriousness For you, you go to  the LTO (Land Transportation Office and exchange your UK one for a Philippines one. You can Drive on your UK one for 90 days but................ I have known a few still Driving after 4 years or more on their own countries One, really it only matters if the Cop recognizes you from a previous time or they see your Passport and note the Entry date you arrived. (Although it should never be seen to be supporting this ( Stay Legal, Go to the Nearest LTO and enquire, Cost about 4.000+ I guess not sure now but someone will tell you I am sure.

Ass to cc Mainly 250 and under but there are  450/650 up1000cc here on Negro and seems to be getting More of them.

We have members who are Enthusiasts and will tell you more, I am just stating what little I know.

Jack :)

My nephew rides a 500 on his B licence I really don't think they Bother much a bike Licence is a Bike Licence.

But others may be able to tell you.

Edited because  :dance:

Edited by Jack Peterson

jon1
Posted
Posted

Just get the motorcycle endorsement on the license. They do not differentiate between 125cc or 400cc+.... My original license I paid an express fee and made sure that the endorsement was on it. Renewing your license does not require a test (driving/riding or written). 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

"oh bonus question with regard to road markings...

what the heck do the solid double yellow lines with a broken white line down the middle mean?"

Nothing. Lines on road ways in Philippines are simply a waste of paint. No one ever bothers with road stripes

solid double yellow lines with a broken white line down the middle 

That's for passing with your personal siren blaring away (wang-wang)......he, he.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

3 years ago when I converted my USA license, I took a urinalysis, eye exam (I think) and blood pressure check. 3 weeks ago I renewed my Philippine license, and all I had to do was take a blood pressure test.

The hardest part of the whole thing was the crossword puzzle I brought :thumbsup: . Cant imagine Motorcycle licenses being any different

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
you need a motorcycle license to ride a big bike in the west for example a bike above 125cc is it the same here? 

You do not need a drivers licence for the small electric bikes that cannot exceed 40kph but anything that goes faster than that (including some of the larger electric motorcycles) requires a motorcycle endorsement on your Philippine driver's license.  This means any motorcycle from 50cc and up requires the same endorsement   (I am unsure about 50cc and down).

On the front of your Philippine driver's license you should see RESTRICTIONS and it should say 12 which means 1 is for operating motorcycles and 2 is for operating cars up to 4500kgs.  

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Converting my US DL to PH cost about 700 peso's and they will also convert your motorcycle endorsement if you have one.