What Cell Phone, Buy Here In Us And Bring?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2015 at 1:30 PM, expatuk2014 said:

Unlike you lot of old codgers :lol:  here I do love my gadgets !!

I have a dell laptop and our mobile was an original Apple Iphone 3 !! a gift from my daughter in the UK.

I decided we would use Viber or Wechat to talk to our family and friends for free in the UK.

And thats when the problems arose The Iphone 3 did not like Viber !

So I bought my wife a refurnished Apple 5s ! at a cost of 15.000 pesos , personally I had thought about buying myself

a Huawei P8 lite I gave in a bought one !! at a cost of 9999 Pesos !! and it is one amazing bit of kit !

7" screen hd and gps etc etc. and I can now watch you tube videos without a laptop frying my legs !!

And we can now chat with or friends an family in the UK and the states for free !! works a treat in SM food courts !!And as I am typing this I am listening to one of over 1500 mp3 tracks now on my Huawei !!

Yes but can it cook my dinner and most importantly if so, is it good looking???

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

whatsapp seems to be better for those those free calls than viber, must have better compression software for a cleaner, lower bandwidth call.

robert k
Posted
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 1:30 AM, expatuk2014 said:

Unlike you lot of old codgers :lol:  here I do love my gadgets !!

I have a dell laptop and our mobile was an original Apple Iphone 3 !! a gift from my daughter in the UK.

I decided we would use Viber or Wechat to talk to our family and friends for free in the UK.

And thats when the problems arose The Iphone 3 did not like Viber !

So I bought my wife a refurnished Apple 5s ! at a cost of 15.000 pesos , personally I had thought about buying myself

a Huawei P8 lite I gave in a bought one !! at a cost of 9999 Pesos !! and it is one amazing bit of kit !

7" screen hd and gps etc etc. and I can now watch you tube videos without a laptop frying my legs !!

And we can now chat with or friends an family in the UK and the states for free !! works a treat in SM food courts !!And as I am typing this I am listening to one of over 1500 mp3 tracks now on my Huawei !!

I can understand your pleasure. I bought a Huawei Mediapad X1, also a 7". It is handy. Not the most powerful processor but as a media consumption device it has few equals among devices that are also phones with excellent call quality. Tough gadjet too, mine has a small dent where I got grased by a trike and it didn't break. The prices are insane on them now though. I might pick up it's bigger brother the Mediapad M1 if it's still at a good price when I return to the Philippines. It's not a powerful processor nor is it full HD screen but it is 8 inches and has front facing speakers. Sad to say but LTE coverage by Smart for it will be spotty but it will get fast 3G or 4G as some people call it on Globe or Smart.