Another Philippine Website Bites The Dust

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I would be interested in buying the site. Can someone please send me there contact info?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I would be interested in buying the site. Can someone please send me there contact info?

I suggest you contact JGF by personal message if you are serious.

It would be totally unfair if this thread turned into an unexpected 'advertisement' that allowed a competing forum to make money at JGF's expense.

If you contact JGF he may be interested in brokering the deal for you, or he may just give you some contact info.  All the forum owners know each other here in Philippines.

• Like 4

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I agree. JGG.. If you see this hit me up. :)

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

Won't post the website out of respect for Tom but another long time website has gone the way of the DoDo bird .... Dex had been trying to sell it for about a month but today the website says "Adios Bro .... ****** is now closed ..... VB's expect something in your email" ..... not sure what a VB is .... suspect it is VP but whatever .....

Hopefully we will pick up a few members here but not a lot as it was more of a mongering site and other than a few pictures of Jake there aren't any naked brown bodies here .... so Jake break out you favorite tutu and get prepared to entertain the troupes .... sorry Jake .... "me still lub you long time" .... :mocking: :mocking: :hystery:

:cheersty:

Pretty sure VB meant " verified bastos " , and signified that the BM had met in person at least 2 other BMs , was indeed a real person, and therefore qualified to access an advanced section of the site.

Rumour has it that the site will be back up in some form, under new managemnt and ownership,shortly.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Won't post the website out of respect for Tom but another long time website has gone the way of the DoDo bird .... Dex had been trying to sell it for about a month but today the website says "Adios Bro .... ****** is now closed ..... VB's expect something in your email" ..... not sure what a VB is .... suspect it is VP but whatever .....

Hopefully we will pick up a few members here but not a lot as it was more of a mongering site and other than a few pictures of Jake there aren't any naked brown bodies here .... so Jake break out you favorite tutu and get prepared to entertain the troupes .... sorry Jake .... "me still lub you long time" ....    :mocking:

:cheersty:

Pretty sure VB meant " verified bastos " , and signified that the BM had met in person at least 2 other BMs , was indeed a real person, and therefore qualified to access an advanced section of the site.

Rumour has it that the site will be back up in some form, under new managemnt and ownership,shortly.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

So I wonder if it will get more hits Dead than Alive? You know like "Negative Advertising" and Suddenly Reappear a little Stronger with new Members?

Just asking  :unsure:

Jack  :)

post-2148-0-38520300-1447122756.gif Did I not say as much at the beginning?  :)

Jack :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Did I not say as much at the beginning? 

The problem was they lost their database, long story but it has been mostly recovered except for about 3 months of posting. The other problem with nightlife forums is there are vigilante type group websites out there that run the owners names and also members name through the mud. If I lived in the Philippines I would not run a site like that even if it's hosted elsewhere because these vigilantes make can make life hard. The forum that this topic is about has the owner's name and photo up on one of these sites so is it worth it.

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I have seen many go titts up over the years. It has a lot to do with the owners. They need to be flexible enough to listen to logic of the members while being stern enough not to be overrun by them. My grandmother had a great saying which I think hits home. ''Be handy as a shirt pocket.'' It is being useful and entertaining but also being a source where others share knowledge.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well it appears that the old site will be restarting back up and the new one will change it's name .... the confusion came when the Adios message was put up with no explanation ..... it would have been much better to just say "we are having technical difficulties please stand by" or something like that .... the Adios message left a bad taste in the mouth of many of the old time members .... even the mods and other admins had no idea what was going on and went to the new board and signed up also .... so what will the outcome be .... no one knows ..... where is that damn Shadow when you need him ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1