Austrian, Pinay Wife Nabbed For Human Trafficking

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Two former girlfriends file a complaint charging Austrian and his wife or girlfriend with Trafficking. This guy rightly or wrongly is seriously screwed.

Austrian, Pinay wife nabbed for human trafficking

By Jennifer Rendon (The Philippine Star) | Updated November 15, 2015 - 12:00am

ILOILO CITY, Philippines –

An Austrian and his Filipina partner were arrested in a police operation in Oton, Iloilo on Friday for human trafficking.

Erwin Welhelm Gunther Matha, 60, and Waryn Leguin, 37, were collared at their home in Florvel Subdivision, Barangay Buray by members of the Western Visayas police Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG).

Senior Superintendent Peter Naboye, CIDG-Region 6 director, said the suspects were charged with four counts of violation of Republic Act 10364 or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act.

The charges against the suspects stemmed from a complaint filed by the local police’s Children and Women’s Desk.

Reports said two of Martha’s former girlfriends were among the complainants.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2015/11/15/1521877/austrian-pinay-wife-nabbed-human-trafficking

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added link

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Oton, huh?  Almost  a neighbor of mine... although I have never heard of his barangay.  And...yeah... he is screwed right or wrong,

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Had to laugh

Came across this same news story on a blog but the word Austrian had been changed to Australian in the title and story. I guess someone does not know the difference.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The reporter mixed up if the Filipina is a girlfriend or his wife. Typical poor reporting or editing/English skill.

Thank you JGF for including the news link. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Don't we always tell folks the importance of a guaranteed income stream prior to moving to the Philippines? :unsure:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
Had to laugh Came across this same news story on a blog but the word Austrian had been changed to Australian in the title and story. I guess someone does not know the difference.

Another good laugh is the number of people in the USA who do not know that New Mexico is a state.  It is actually a little embarrassing, after all there are only 50 states, how hard can that be?  :unsure:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12512979

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Had to laugh Came across this same news story on a blog but the word Austrian had been changed to Australian in the title and story. I guess someone does not know the difference.

Another good laugh is the number of people in the USA who do not know that New Mexico is a state.  It is actually a little embarrassing, after all there are only 50 states, how hard can that be?  :unsure:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12512979

Even Funnier is being an Englishman, I am asked on a regular basis What state you from JOE? and some of those people are from the US.

I kid you not.

Jack  :lol:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
Even Funnier is being an Englishman, I am asked on a regular basis What state you from JOE? and some of those people are from the US. I kid you not.

Tell them you are from "New England".   :hystery:

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Even Funnier is being an Englishman, I am asked on a regular basis What state you from JOE? and some of those people are from the US. I kid you not.

You mean "Old England"  :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You mean "Old England"  :)

I don't think that is what he meant. New England is an area of the US.

• Like 1