Is Apec Impacting You?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was wondering what the impact of APEC in Manila is?  I saw some pictures of EDSA with 1.5 lanes closed to the public for the VIPS.  So much for the common man.

We are impacted in Subic by the hoards of tourists who have escaped here.  I saw some arriving yesterday but today there are a lot more.  Very busy here and many NCR plates driving with their Manila "skills".  It should be a good week for ticket writing here.

And there is a marathon here this weekend.  I have seen a few runners doing short warm up runs.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was wondering what the impact of APEC in Manila is?  I saw some pictures of EDSA with 1.5 lanes closed to the public for the VIPS.  So much for the common man.

We are impacted in Subic by the hoards of tourists who have escaped here.  I saw some arriving yesterday but today there are a lot more.  Very busy here and many NCR plates driving with their Manila "skills".  It should be a good week for ticket writing here.

And there is a marathon here this weekend.  I have seen a few runners doing short warm up runs.

One of the good things about living way down here OMW, We have enough Problems with local Things let alone a major Disruption.

Having said that, I hear that we will have a back log of Flights for a few days but then this can be a norm for Dumaguete and Area.

Jack  :unsure:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Why the backlog of flights Jack?  You would be ok, being a VIP (very important poster)

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Why the backlog of flights Jack?  You would be ok, being a VIP (very important poster)

:hystery:    post-2148-0-49909600-1447924962.jpg  post-2148-0-63230500-1447924980_thumb.jp 

Jack  :)

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Better get the runners out and dust them off Jack!!!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It took my poor brother-in-law 4 hours to get home from work and he gets off at 11:00pm..... he tried to call in the next day but his boss told him he better show up or else ....

Well with all the hot air and promises that were never intended on being kept I'm sure all the honchos went home feeling good about themselves ..... if they had spent all the money it took to put that shin-dig on and gave it to building of houses for the poor or medicine and health-care they would have been a lot better off ..... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We don`t get any deliveries from Manila and seems all the government offices are on go slow.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
We don`t get any deliveries from Manila and seems all the government offices are on go slow.

Slow??? They were all closed :hystery: . Thought that had been announced nation wide. All Government offices in Metro were closed by decree.....happy holidays lololol :mocking:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

and seems all the government offices are on go slow.

No Change there then  EH?  :hystery: