Tb. What To Do?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Most of the members are from Metro Cebu area. What do you do to protect yourself from TB?http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Most of the members are from Metro Cebu area. What do you do to protect yourself from TB?http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107
There is really not much one can do to protect from TB except keep away from small indoor places where a lot of people and especially a lot of poor Filipinos are breathing. I often get concerned in elevators and Taxis but most of the people who have TB will be from provinces so the numbers in the cities will be much less except for those who go to the cities to work. So the shorter answer is to keep out of peoples faces and try to open windows in taxis or only take short trips in them. I often get worried when the taxi drivers are coughing a lot and spitting out their doors, so maybe getting a car or motorcycle of my own and using jeepneys more often would be another thing I could do to protect my wife and myself.
My wife had to have a physical and I think most who apply for visas have to and then when she got to the states and before they would change her status to married, they required a TB test, xrays and a full medical again, so the US tries to protect citizens that way, but they still do not require tests from others who visit and float in from countries who would likely have AID's or other more serious diseases and many do not require a visa to get in that way. BTW, one of my wifes friends married an Aussie and she had a medical in Manila and it showed she had a simple goiter and they made her get it removed before they would approve the spousal visa to Australia so Boss Mans country is tough on medical issues.

brock
Posted
Posted

using jeepneys more often would be another thing I could do to protect my wife and myself. Lee, being close to people as in a jeepney, is not a good idea, anywhere you are close to a number of people is not good, You can also catch it from utensils if not washed correctly.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
using jeepneys more often would be another thing I could do to protect my wife and myself. Lee, being close to people as in a jeepney, is not a good idea, anywhere you are close to a number of people is not good, You can also catch it from utensils if not washed correctly.
Thanks brock, I just felt that it might be the lesser problem because at least the jeepney is open air and I did not know about the utensils issue, man things are sure making it hard on me to live or spend a lot of time in the Philippines. I guess I will eventually be forced to buy a car but not until we live there full time and in the mean time we will just do the best we can to avoid things as much as possible and pray for the best.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Be careful who you hire as domestic help and certainly don't kiss the housemaid. It could be fatal.:wt-hell:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Kissing the housemaid!!! LMAO SugarwareZ-011.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks brock, I just felt that it might be the lesser problem because at least the jeepney is open air and I did not know about the utensils issue, man things are sure making it hard on me to live or spend a lot of time in the Philippines. I guess I will eventually be forced to buy a car but not until we live there full time and in the mean time we will just do the best we can to avoid things as much as possible and pray for the best.
I think its just one of those things that should not enter your mind,I mean we can catch swine flu or get hit by a bus but we will still go out in a taxi and shop in a crowded supermarket and cross the road when we have to.Forest Gump's mama used to say,, Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gunner get. SugarwareZ-035.gif :wt-hell:

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
I think its just one of those things that should not enter your mind,I mean we can catch swine flu or get hit by a bus but we will still go out in a taxi and shop in a crowded supermarket and cross the road when we have to.Forest Gump's mama used to say,, Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gunner get. SugarwareZ-035.gif :wt-hell:
I totally agree

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Speaking of TB, it is now illegal to spit in Davao DAVAO CITY, Philippines

post-40-1251308331_thumb.jpg