Eating Home Favorites In The Phils.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well in Pattaya you ask around and find who has what in their stores, then provided you have enough money in your pocket you buy it.  But from what I can see, there is probably just as much availability in Phils as here?  But I am open to correction.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

as much availability in Phils as here?

What a wonderful Thought but...................... :unsure:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I guess it's where you live? Here in Davao I have found a butcher/sausage make who will make my sausages the way I like them! SM has a really nice whole wheat bread in their bakery. Hamburgers? Little place here in Davao called Backyard Burgers... If only I could find a beef roast, proper pasta (made from a hard wheat), natural peanut butter, and Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I guess it's where you live? Here in Davao I have found a butcher/sausage make who will make my sausages the way I like them! SM has a really nice whole wheat bread in their bakery. Hamburgers? Little place here in Davao called Backyard Burgers... If only I could find a beef roast, proper pasta (made from a hard wheat), natural peanut butter, and Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar!

Bob you should check out Swiss deli who are right near you European foods but I am sure you can find something you like 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

And the converse:

Here in the UK K has managed to find all the ingredients and condiments that she needs, some on line and others from local Asian shops, and I have made two interesting discoveries, namely that Filipino cuisine uses cheap ingredients (a fillet of pork makes siniggang, three chicken legs are an adobo, a couple of spoonfuls of mince and its pancit canton!)  and that K is a really good cook, which I had never noticed when visiting her in the Philippines.   

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was on my bike in Pattaya yesterday and saw a sign out the front of a small shop 'pita bread'.  As I like this, I stopped and bought a bage of 8 for 80bht.  Then I notice he had a brown loaf of bread and I bought it for 50bht, small but absolutely wonderful.  He is Israeli and been in Pattaya for many years. I am saved!!!!

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 4