Filipino Humour ( Well To Most But Not This Guy)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-86978000-1450053854.gif Over the last Year I have been watching an OFW (Working in the US) have a House built opposite our local Sori, Sori. This is a nice 2 story place very Western in design but totally not in the right place, he bought a piece of Land from the Wife's (His) Lola but with no Access, this he has to get from the Cousin and the fuse is getting Shorter there. The Old Lady is No Fool and told him he had to Build a Retaining wall so they did not encroach on her Lot that remained.

They weren't too happy at that as they were hoping to buy the Remainder of the Lot but even so still no right of way (she doesn't want to sell at this time) as there is a Separate lot in front and the families don't get on. So not thinking straight, they put a Single and a Double gate Opening OUT on to the old ladies lot in the Hope they can use all the Area as access. Nope! no one is happy at this  The Lot owner in Front has said No way Jose, My Lot is for the use of the local Children to Play on  (Basketball Hoop on back board there)  It is not a car park for you and your friends and Access to a House that just should not be There.

So My friends the Humour

To Hide this Exterior wall that is so Ugly and Cover the gates so they can't be used, The Old Darling had Nursery men come up on Saturday and Sunday and Plant Banana and Coconut trees.

Of course when I was having my Beer last Evening I was listening to all the whats and ifs. 

The Last I heard was  "How do we get the Furniture in?" 

Basically the Lola and the other Lot owner had said, Should have thought about that before you got Smart and wouldn't listen to anyone.

I am waiting now for the Sharing of Electric and Water from the family to raise a problem,

I am almost 100% sure this is not a regulated Build ( No Plans and Such) and if so, they will have a big Problem in getting their own Supply. Seems to me that even the Locals can Suffer with the Family as well as us  :lol:

Monday Morning Trivia on the Local scene to get us all smiling.

Jack :thumbsup:

ps; I am not sure they will get an Occupancy Certificate which they will need for Utilities.

There will be more on this I am sure as time goes bye.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

"Let's build the house first, then figure out how to enter and exit."  "Sounds like a plan to me, after all we can always trust family."  :no:

• Like 5

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Murphy must love the Philippines :)

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . .   I am waiting now for the Sharing of Electric and Water from the family to raise a problem, . . .   ps; I am not sure they will get an Occupancy Certificate which they will need for Utilities.

Looks like they will not even bother with an occupancy certificate if they are sharing utilities.  Alternatively, I suspect your wife will confirm that an Occupancy Certificate is not needed for "temporary" electric service and there seems to be no limit on the temporary time frame.

"Let's build the house first, then figure out how to enter and exit."  

It has been very frustrating to me to watch a whole subdivision get built  up around me with the premise: "Lets build all the houses now and worry about where everyone will park their SUVs later."  Of course everyone ends up parking in front of someone else's gate and that will work until all the houses are occupied.  Then it shall be time for me to move.  :999:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Looks like they will not even bother with an occupancy certificate if they are sharing utilities.  Alternatively, I suspect your wife will confirm that an Occupancy Certificate is not needed for "temporary" electric service and there seems to be no limit on the temporary time frame.

Confirmed and also confirmed that there was never a "Temporary" Supply issued but there is going to be a Meter Overload Investigation held shortly as there are now Problems on the only Domestic Supply Drawing a Commercial amount of voltage 6 houses and a small IT Cafe.

Just now the Cousin reported a problem of Low Power and the Engineers found a Welder in the new house Welding with all the PC's on and No Transformer on that line.

It goes on I think, Norec11 will want answers I feel.

Jack :unsure:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I am calling you out on this one Jack, I saw this exact same plot on a day time Pilipino Soap Opera. Family conflict, followed by argument, followed by yelling, accusations, intrigue, tears, sobs and finally a schism.

On second though, take lots of notes and you can sell the plot to ABS/CBN :lol:  :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am calling you out on this one Jack, I saw this exact same plot on a day time Pilipino Soap Opera. Family conflict, followed by argument, followed by yelling, accusations, intrigue, tears, sobs and finally a schism.

On second though, take lots of notes and you can sell the plot to ABS/CBN :lol:  :hystery:

You think it is a soap Opera, :no:  Ye Gods some of these people live them daily, in real life. Come on Down to Dumaguete on Wednesday when we meet, We can go to the house, Sit outside the sori sori, have a beer and you can see the "SET" for yourself. :hystery:

Trust me, it is all real life but I think the tears will be for real as the house Owner thinks he can change the World. 

But of Course I know you are only Teasing me. Nothing can be this real No? but it is, where do you think the Script writers get the Story lines?

Damn Slow Fingers, Must check before sending  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

What and no gun, there is always a gun and anguished family members standing bedside at the hospital and no matter where the gunshot is they always have a bandage on the victims head. :no:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

So those ABS-CBN tele-novellas are really reality TV?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

So those ABS-CBN tele-novellas are really reality TV?

Yes Tim you don`t even have to have a tv to watch it.

• Like 2